Original topic:

Change country from India to USA

(Topic created on: 06-06-2023 03:25 PM)
Munu09
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hi,

I have recently been selected for a job in the USA for which I am travelling on 12th of June this month. I got my samsung s23 last month from India and now I would like to change my country settings to USA since I will be moving there permanently. I have placed my request online at app enquiry in samsung profile but without any success! I would be grateful if someone could help me out!!! Thanks!
9 Comments
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Hey, congratulations on your new job.

You have to first move to the new country, go to playstore Settings - General - Account and Device preferences - country and profiles.
There you will find USA once you are in that country. It won't show until you are there.(it's automatic). Then you can select USA and it will change in 48 hours.

Similarly, you can go to Samsung account settings (first option inside Settings of the phone) and change country under "profile info".
mHappiee
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Okay... so phone reset ka jhanjhat nahi h na ?
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
I don't think it's needed. But I haven't tried it personally, so can't be 100 percent sure.
0 Likes
mHappiee
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Ok 👍
0 Likes
Munu09
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Thank you for such a detailed response!

So even with respect to Samsung account country change we got to do it only after reaching the USA? As I could not see any editable option for the country settings in my samsung account.
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Yes, if it doesn't show even couple of days after you reach USA, you may have to reset the device. Normally, it should show automatically.

Nb: Use "reply" button to reply, otherwise I won't get notification.
0 Likes
Munu09
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Thank you for your response! Will keep you posted.
SKV-F235G
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
You have to reset your mobile then you will change your country during first setup
0 Likes
john163
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
just go to usa, use a sim card or connect to wifi it will automatically prompt to change region in apps
0 Likes