Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Can't update my S9 plus its saying that your device has been modified

(Topic created on: 05-30-2020 08:31 PM)
RaoH
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Cant update my S9 plus nor can i use samsung services like samsung pass and secure folder etc , its saying that my device has been rooted but i never rooted this phone i also used many apps to check root availability and those apps also told me that my phone isnt rooted can anyone please guide me what to do in this scenario.

5 Comments
MhrHusnain
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
this issue can't be fix, flash your device through odin with latest firmware your problem will b fix.
0 Likes
ahsankhalid
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
how??
0 Likes
ahsankhalid
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
pls tell how can i fix my problem
0 Likes
Abdul777
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
It seems you have tripped Knox counter. It is hardware specific only. I did that once on my s7. Samsung Pass, Samsung Pay, S Health and many other Samsung specific apps such as Knox won't work on your phone, EVER. That's how Sammy works now. It **bleep** but once the fuse goes, you just can't undo it. It seems that in the past, some Custom ROM was installed or the device was rooted. Even if it is running official firmware it won't work.
0 Likes
Abdul777
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
However, there are solutions to that. You can use these apps again. Of course it requires to root your device again or run unofficial firmware. But then again it wouldn't be secure. The number of times device gets rooted gets added to counter.
0 Likes