Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Can't transfer files

(Topic created on: 05-31-2023 10:36 AM)
Superyasss
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Can some please explain to me how do I transfer movies from my s23+ to an external hard-drive. It gives me the move option, but doesn't not allow me to move onto the hard drive. The option is greyed out.. 
0 Likes
1 Comment
DavidDMA
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Here are some possible explanations and potential solutions:

File format compatibility: The external hard drive might not be formatted with a file system that is compatible with your Galaxy S23+. Make sure the hard drive is formatted with a file system supported by Android, such as FAT32 or exFAT.You can format the drive using a computer if needed, but keep in mind that formatting will erase all data on the hard drive, so make sure to back up any important files first.

File size limitation: Some external hard drives have a maximum file size limit for compatibility reasons. If the movie files you're trying to move are larger than the maximum file size supported by the hard drive, you won't be able to transfer them directly. In this case, you can try compressing the movie files into a smaller size using a file compression tool or splitting them into smaller parts using file splitting software. Once the files are smaller, you may be able to move them to the external hard drive.

File permissions or restrictions: It's possible that the movie files you're trying to move have certain permissions or restrictions set that prevent them from being moved. Check the file properties or settings on your Galaxy S23+ to see if there are any specific restrictions in place. You may need to change the file permissions or remove any restrictions to enable the "Move" option.

If none of the above solutions work, it's recommended to reach out to Samsung's customer support for further assistance.