Original topic:

Can't delete files

(Topic created on: 05-16-2022 01:09 AM)
Zymbi
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Since I can't access the android folder with the native galaxy files app I downloaded a couple of file explorers from the play store, at least these allowed me to view the files that were under that folder. But with these apps I could only copy files. I actually wanted to deleted files under android/data/com.whatever. When I delete files under such path it always says "unsuccessful" (with play store apps). What can I do? 

-----------------------------------

Note: I am trying to delete the files under Android/data/thunderdog.challgram.com/music

16 Comments
Galaxy S
Use X-plore
I am using this app on my Note20 Ultra, and three other android 12 devices. It can read, modify or delete any files in the android folder.
Once installed, grand permission to access all files and once you open android folder it will request for permission again. Give the permission and you can delete any files.Screenshot_20220515-221151_Google Play Store.jpg
Zymbi
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Tried it. Still not working 😕 (can access files and folders but can't delete) Screenshot_20220516-000343_X-plore_13492_1652645023.jpg
0 Likes
Zymbi
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Okay. So I uninstalled and installed the app again and made sure that I gave the app the two permissions you mentioned. Still the same messages pops up that files couldn't be deleted. Btw, I am trying to delete the music file/mp3 files in the music folder of telegram. (Android/data/thunderdog.challgram.com/music)
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I believe you are using telegramX. I tried to delete the entire telegramX folder and it was successful.Screenshot_20220516-010710_X-plore.jpgScreenshot_20220516-010701_X-plore.jpg
Galaxy S
As telegram is a Cloud based service(as long as you don't use the secret chat option) whatever you delete from the folder with any app other than telegram(or apps which will delete the cloud copy also)will get downloaded from the server back to the phone once you open telegram.
It's better to delete files from the telegram app itself.
Check the attached screenshot. I have deleted the entire telegram folder with 40GB data. I made sure everything got deleted. Once I opened a telegram chat and scrolled down for a few seconds, the messages and media started to download again.
There is no point in deleting telegram files from the android/data folder.

First image : deleting data
Second image : all files deleted
Third file : after opening telegram it started to download data back.

I know this is not the answer for your actual concern. I have tried to delete the path you mentioned in 4 of my android 12 devices. I was able to delete the files without any issues.
Try uninstalling TelegramX and then try to delete the desired file. Screenshot_20220516-011635_X-plore.jpgScreenshot_20220516-010710_X-plore.jpgScreenshot_20220516-012038_X-plore.jpg
Zymbi
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

Yeah, I am using Telegram X.

Tried to delete the whole Telegram folder. Message pops up that "some files couldn't be deleted".

I don't understand what might be causing this issue. I am also on Android 12. I allowed the app's permissions.

Nevertheless, I'll try to uninstall and reinstall Telegram X again. Maybe it will work afterwards. 

0 Likes
Zymbi
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

After installing Telegram X again I got rid of the music files. Though, the issue is still there if I try to delete the folder. I can't.

Also, if I try to delete specific files in the android/data/ path. I can't do that either. Regardless of which folder app I use it always is unscuccesfull. 

0 Likes