Original topic:

Can't delete files

(Topic created on: 05-14-2022 04:56 PM)
Zymbi
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Since I can't access the android folder with the native galaxy files app I downloaded a couple of file explorers from the play store, at least these allowed me to view the files that were under that folder. But with these apps I could only copy files. I actually wanted to deleted files under android/data/com.whatever. When I delete files under such path it always says "unsuccessful" (with play store apps). What can I do? 

-----------------------------------

Note: I am trying to delete the files under Android/data/thunderdog.challgram.com/music

16 Comments
VikrantTambade
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Hi,
I don't have any such folder under given path. It is completely empty. Screenshot_20220515-103857_My Files_116852_1652600337.jpg
Zymbi
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

Yeah same here. Ur using the native folder app from samsung. If you switch to a file explorer downloaded from play store you will most likely be able to see that the folder isn't empty. (You have to allow some permissions for the apps tho)

0 Likes
mZoOnY
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
.Screenshot_20220516-012053_ES File Explorer.jpgScreenshot_20220516-012059_ES File Explorer.jpg
0 Likes
mZoOnY
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Hi zymbi
First you and Mr.vikrant must know something
The data folder along with the obb folder became hidden to users starting with android 11
This will make coping files and rooting much harder

Anyway. I'm using 3 file explorers that do whatever you want to do

1. Total comander ( 100% works.but ui is little bit weird)

2. File manager + ( I'm using it now)

3. Es file explorer ( the blue updated version. Any older even pro won't work )

And guess what?
This limits are not working with windows os
That means connect to your computer and You’ll have full control of your files 😁
Zymbi
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

Thanks for the reply. I tried with total commander and the native folder app of windows but deleting files under the android path doesn't work. Any ideas why?

mZoOnY
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
You've been asked to grant access right ?
0 Likes
Zymbi
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

Yup. Twice. Still doesn't work. 😕

What Adroid version are you using? I am on Android 12 (One UI 4.1).

0 Likes
VikrantTambade
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Thanks for the detailed information. 😊 👍
mZoOnY
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Come on !!!
It worked for me 😏
0 Likes