Original topic:

Camera suggestions

(Topic created on: 01-02-2024 05:17 PM)
AbirW
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Well, what a decent camera experience it was when I used the S23 Ultra, however, there are some features that are missin, or can be improved upon that are found in certain other flagships at the same price point. Here are those suggestions:

- Zoom in Potrait photo. We should be able to select zoom levels between 1x and 2x, and between 2x and 3x.

- Zoom in potrait video. We should be able to Zoom between 1x and 3x whilst recording.

- Changing a normal photo into a potrait photo, but why do we have only the blur background when we do this? I mean the AI clearly isolated the subject and the background, why can't why apply other background effects?

- Lens switching in 4k 60 FPS whilst recording.
I personally feel that this can be achieved by recording at all lenses at once, like director mode, but when you Zoom in, it zooms digital, and when you reach a lens level (3x/10x), the video of that lens takes over.

- A smoother zooming lens transition and same colour processing in all lens. Ultraiwde feels a little dark, and 10x feels a little yellowish (Although Scene optimizer fixes that in images, same can't be said about videos)

- 0.5x Ultrawide as opposed to 0.6x ultrawide currently present in flagships. Kinda funny how 0.5x is actually present on mid range Samsung phones but not on flagships.

- Less grain in night videos. This is the main downside of Samsung phone cameras. I feel like a bigger sensor would help, and not many will disappointed to see a bigger lens.

- LOG video, although I feel you can achieve the same using Pro Video.

Granted I don't know much about how phone cameras are made or processed, I feel like the zoom, in potrait photos and videos, and more background options ater turning normal image to potrait images can be done in a software update.

Thanks!
0 Likes
1 Comment
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestions and the time and effort you have spent sharing your valuable comments. We are continuously working to make our products better and more efficient.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support