Original topic:

Camera heating issue in my S20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 08-09-2020 08:19 PM)
SRK716
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Am feeling the high heat during taking pictures,  videos and zoom features in my S20 Ultra camera 
But I never felt such issues in other galaxy phones ..is it normal ..what is the issue with s20 ultra camera 
4 Comments
veer
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
bro send feedback to Samsung via member app hope next update they slove problem
0 Likes
Galaxy S
All the S20 series is s#!t bro.. This is not normal but Dumbsung never admitted their fault. Because if they do they have to pay the money back.
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please be assured and to resolve "Overheating" issue please follow the below given step:-

> Close background running apps and uninstall the unnecessary apps.

For more details follow the instructions provided in the link given below:- https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/why-the-heating-issue-occurs-in-mobile-device/

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Shadaab87
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

I was having the same issue with my S20 Ultra 5G - Model - SM-G988B (the B stands for Exynos 990 chipset and the U in its place stands for the Snap dragon chipset). just opening the camera App when the phone was at about a cool 29C degrees (not recording video or taking photos) or on a WhatsApp video call, and the phone temp would shoot up to 41C or 42C degrees in a matter of 3-4 minutes. (this is all happening in a room with the aircon switched on and with the room ambient temperature at about 23C - so, no - I was not in the sun) I had taken the phone to the service center and they were of no use what so ever since my warranty also ran out. did a factory reset of the phone and it was still heating up. However, I manually reinstalled the firmware using Odin (the phone did not do a factory reset through this process even though I was ready with a backup) and I think it worked ! After the manual reinstall, I used the camera app to test it....thoroughly (zoom in and out, change camera mode, switched from main camera to selfie camera and vice versa used the 3D scanner app, used duel recording)..for about 15 mins continuously and the max temp I got was 36C which is about normal for all phones. so now it takes about 10 mins of continuous use to get to 36C and just under 5 mins of closing the camera app to get back to less than 30C which seems pretty standard. Im guessing this might work for for both chipsets... no promises. Please do the Manual firmware reinstall at your own risk and make sure you download the right firmware (as per your location), Odin software, PC drives etc and follow the instructions down to the letter (see below guide link). Good luck. :)

https://www.androidinfotech.com/samsung-galaxy-s20-ultra-5g-sm-g988b-android-10/#Manual_Method_SM-G9...

Firmware: https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s20-ultra/firmware/#SM-G988B

0 Likes