Original topic:

Camera Degradation after Software Update

(Topic created on: 05-12-2021 10:27 AM)
Subh1984
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hey Guys,

After using Samsung phones for years, I have come across something which is now seem to be confirmed.

My brother (uses S10+) was the first person to alert me that with every update the quality of the Camera is getting worse in Samsung. Initially I laughed at him. But now a friend of mine who uses S9, said the same thing. Then I checked with someone who is using S8 and the camera quality has gone worse. Finally did a lot of comparison with my phone' (S10) photographs of 1 year old now and I can see there is difference.

Now I can confirm and feeling very very sad that Samsung is doing such things with their fanbase. All the phones I'm talking about are flagships phones and I have spent a fortune for those and this is such a letdown by Samsung.

Do you also feel so, kindly share your experience and let's see if we can get together and raise this question at bigger and other forums too.
23 Comments
bykreddy
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
very sad
Manuuk
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

My S10+ camera quality degraded after update and its just been 6 months since bought new. Similar thing happened with my previous S7, then I didn't suspect. But this time clearly this happened after software update. When I read about this allover in the Internet there are people who say the same. Shame on Samsung. I have a been a fan of Samsung phones and would boast about its camera quality with friends using other phones. Cheaters I would never ever buy this brand again

Galaxy S

Yes very TRUE, I bought A73 series one month back and camera pixels clarity went down . When I went to ask service center they were telling its because of software update and we can't do anything apart from this.....service centers location is thoraipakam Chennai and Phoenix Chennai....these kind of service centers ruining samsung brand name I have got fooled by samsung ...and bought mobile after seeing 108M camera and now that's only **bleep** .

Douglaskj
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

I searched this as I have suspected this for a while. I think the video is still pretty good, but the camera seems to have degraded.

debbforu
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Facing same problem with S10E currently. They are doing this intentionally to force us into buying new models.
debbforu
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Try wiping cache by booting into recovery. Search steps online. This seems to have sorted my problem.
0 Likes
Mnmira001
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Yup, I suspected this a long time ago. So now on my Note 10+, I decided to not update the software. However once I don't know what happened and it kinda force updated / I clicked accidentally and it did update. Immediately after I saw sharp difference in my photos. Now I can't take a decent great photo... There really is no point to buying an expensive or the latest Samsung phone. 

Manojkumarsaini7
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
yes camera is degraded after update 😒
Samsung_t5AW97G
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

Not only on the flagship S series. All the phones. But I'm using A51 recently I got 2 major updates and 3 security updates. Security updates did not harm the camera quality. But those major updates killed. No physical damage can deteriorate the quality. Until the glass is scratched. But when I tried to take a picture at night I was wondering why is this breaking pixels in 48 MP mode 4:3 ratio. I'm a Samsung user since 2015 and I love Samsung and I'm satisfied with the software updates but not with detoriation of camera quality. All the series after soft update gets this problem and I'm coming across this for ages. Please Samsung we need the updates but don't affect the quality of images. And 1 thing important is, the camera accidentally captures a high quality picture at times. Not all the time. But it takes more time to process the image. I have been waiting for 30 mins and the loading symbol is still on the image in gallery. I closed all apps, there was enough memory though. But still it took time. Please I'm a insane Samsung fan do the needful.