Original topic:

Bugs in May software update for S22 ultra

(Topic created on: 05-06-2022 12:12 PM)
Em_b
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I recieved security patch on 1st May and after I updated my phone with it, I have been facing so many issues in my phone. First somehow all the ringtones stopped working including the default ringtones that samsung provides. I did everything but it only got solved after I restarted the phone.
On 2nd day, videos were not playing in gallery. No matter what I did. They were playing if specifically opened in video player but not in gallery itself. 
Then the snapchat won't make videos at all. 
And today the default Samsung camera app was not making videos. It just won't start recording at all. 
All these issues get resolved somehow after I restart the phone. 

What is going on Samsung? It's 2022 and you still can't get handle ur software? These bugs are so 2012. 
Fix this! 

anyone else facing such issues in s22 ultra? 
16 Comments
User28
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
I do not have any of the problems listed. Did you clear the cache after the update?
Em_b
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
definitely cleared the cache. nothing worked. only restarting the phone works.
0 Likes
Tejastjj
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Uninstall and install the app again ...and try backing up tour device and do a reset ...and always update your phone via wi-fi.
0 Likes
Em_b
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
how am supposed to uninstall the default camera and gallery apps? Though I did uninstall snapchat but it still had the same issue when I installed it again. So i restarted the phone and the issue was gone. I can't keep reseting the entire device? There's 100GB of data in there. And yes the update was done through wifi.
0 Likes
Tejastjj
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
If clearing data and cache doesn't work ,then resetting the device is the only option for pre installed apps or try "resetting all settings" option under reset.
0 Likes
Em_b
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
will try that. thank you!
0 Likes
Pinakin
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
No such concern observed as of now
0 Likes
MiraclePanda
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
You should try repair apps in recovery mode.
0 Likes
Em_b
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
My phone's not activating recovery mode. I've no idea why.
0 Likes