Original topic:

Bug with Galaxy Store app updates.

(Topic created on: 02-11-2021 11:59 AM)
wyephani
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
If I installed app through "Play Store" and Uninstalled then after 2 or 3 days, I'm getting update for that app in "Galaxy Store". Only way to fix this is when that update comes, update in "Galaxy Store" and Uninstalled there, so it won't bother you by coming again.

Anyone experienced same? Found any solutions for that?

Ex: 

- Installed "IFTTT" app through "Play Store" (Didn't search that particular app in Galaxy Store, never).

- Used for some time and uninstalled it (at that time no update for that app in Galaxy Store).

(After 2 or 3 days or sometime later when checking updates in Galaxy Store)

- "Galaxy Store" saying update for "IFTTT" app and providing me two button in app store page.

Uninstall - Update

- Click Uninstall saying "the app is not installed" (which is correct) but not removing that update notification.

- Click update will install the app to mobile.

- After update, if I uninstall then it won't show that update notification again.

So, far I only found this alternative which requires some bandwidth to download that app, just to uninstall it.

Looks like "Galaxy Store" tracking apps installed other market places and not registering whether that app currently present in the system or not.

P.S. I use galaxy store just to update Samsung apps, nothing to do more. But this process of force ad (where you must install app to remove notification) is not acceptable from Samsung.
5 Comments
ThisGuy
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
ya bro it's a bug or something don't know. I also faced same problem. Bt nw solved.
Just clear "Galaxy Store's" data and run the application again it would be fine.
May be 1 or 2 days it wouldn't show any update bt then everything will be solved itself.
0 Likes
wyephani
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
thanks, tried that process but we can't remove cache/data everytime. anyway, thanks for the response atleast same issue present for other users too.
ThisGuy
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
i tried once nd problem solved
0 Likes
Emmanuel_J12
Options
Galaxy S

Hey kindly report this bug/issue on the feedback section.  

Please follow the steps as below:

Log in Samsung Members app > Click “+ button” at the bottom right > Click “Send feedback” > Click “Error reports” > Add detail of the issue and attach the system log data (click checkbox)

*When you abstract the log file. Please check off the pop-up message: log file delivered

You can also check this link which explains in detail the entire steps to send feedback: https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Community-Guidelines/Send-Feedback-Report-a-Bug-to-Samsung/m-p/3...

0 Likes