Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Bring S pen support to base model s21

(Topic created on: 04-12-2021 10:33 PM)
Suren03
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
As we know, s21 ultra has s pen support, is it only the software which gives support for s pen hardware, or does it require a special kind of hardware to support s pen?

If it is only software, is it possible to port that feature from s21 ultra to base model s21?

If s21fe is going to come with almost same features with less price tag, what's the point of s21 users spending much money!

Just had a thought about it!

Any ideas or comments are welcomed on this topic!

Any one in Member of xda , may make a port of it in future ! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy S
It requires special kind of mechanism,I don't think base model supports that..

The S Pen is an inductive stylus. The display on the Note has an active digitizer under the glass. When the S Pen gets close to the screen, the magnetic field of the active digitizer induces a current that powers its internal circuitry. Power is passed here just like a wireless charging mat, it's just not inducing nearly as much power.

View solution in context

4 Comments
Solution
Galaxy S
It requires special kind of mechanism,I don't think base model supports that..

The S Pen is an inductive stylus. The display on the Note has an active digitizer under the glass. When the S Pen gets close to the screen, the magnetic field of the active digitizer induces a current that powers its internal circuitry. Power is passed here just like a wireless charging mat, it's just not inducing nearly as much power.

Suren03
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I see ! Hey, thanks man for that info! Was helpful! Appreciated !!!
Galaxy S
If satisfied with my response then click at 3 dots near my 1st comment and accept it as solution to help others 👍
0 Likes
T2ecarr
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

It's a magnetic digitiser in the screen. But I will say if Samsung wants to improve their ecosystem they should support s pens on all their future models. That will promote the tablets and the phones at the same time. 

0 Likes