Original topic:

Brightness issue discoloration colors washed out .. greenish line screen

(Topic created on: 07-26-2019 07:00 AM)
s8pat
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Hello Samsung , I was very satisfied when I bought s8 . Everything was fine with it without any problem .Suddenly , one fine day ,after July update ,the display was faded and display became really very pathetic ... whole screen showed green lights , black color is not at all the dark black but instead it's grey ....Dear samsung it's REALLY VERY STRANGE AND NOT AT ALL ACCEPTABLE FROM A BRAND LIKE YOU. WHY WILL ANYONE SPEND SO MUCH IF THEY HAVE TO FACE SUCH A PROBLEM WITHIN 2 YRS . ITS A " FLAGSHIP" AND THIS KIND OF THING BREAK CUSTOMERS CONFIDENCE IN YOU . FOR CLARITY I WOULD LIKE TO LET YOU KNOW THAT I HAVEN'T DROPPED IT EVER ...IT'S AS NEW AS IT WAS AS I AM A SAMSUNG FAN ...SO PLEASE I REQUEST YOU TO RESOLVE MY ISSUE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE .FOR CUSTOMERS SATISFACTION I HOPE THE ISSUE GETS RESOLVED . THANKYOU 
8 Comments
vanshika123
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
s8 is vry gud i used
0 Likes
s8pat
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
dear you "USED " AND I am using it
0 Likes
s8pat
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
IF IT'S SO GOOD THEN WHAT IT WORTH ITS NOT PROVIDING THAT PROVISION ..... SO BE LiTTLE ANALYTICAL ..
WELL thankyou for your comment .
0 Likes
ujjwal201
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Green screen and fluttering happened in mine s8 too when I was in cold environment. As soon I got back to my home town the issues disappeared. The I am using a rooted s8 and found out that gpu voltage was way lower than necessary which led to gpu throttling. ( I had extreme battery power saving tweaks on and temperatures were around 15° ). Old battery is an issue too
0 Likes
abhishekpol001
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
i had same problem... so what i did is gave my phone to authorize service center... and had display change... now it's working fine... becoz it was in full warranty
0 Likes
marutimahesh
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
same problem here... worst update...
0 Likes
Tonynaveen
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Facing the same issue with my galaxy note 8, black is now looking terrible, unable to to enjoy videos, movies. samsung is making cheap tricks with their old mobiles customers for upgrading to new mobiles.
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Hope your issue got resolved if not then to resolve the issue kindly follow the given below steps:-

1. Display brightness level:- Kindly set the device display brightness in auto mode (If available).
Steps to adjust brightness in auto mode: Swipe down on the home screen to open notification panel>Turn on Auto brightness. 

2. Reset the device:- Settings >General Management > Tap on Reset.
Note: Before reset make sure to have back up of the data via Smart Switch Mobile App
(Install Smart Switch App > Open > Click on Memory Card Icon >Back Up option > Choose the data for Back up > Back Up).

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app along with screenshots, short videos and error log file(Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes