Original topic:

Bluetooth tooth device name

(Topic created on: 05-15-2020 01:53 PM)
samb911
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
In my S20plus device name is Sam S20plus. But for some strange reason in my car Bluetooth and PC {your phone and bluetooth device list as well} it shoes a weird name 04256f2a.

If I delete and re-pair devices at once original name is shown but again it starts showing the above name. 
3 Comments
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Bro..This might be because of Security or Privacy Reason... Your Handset will show the Alphanumeric Code before Pairing to any other Device and as soon as it got paired the Alphanumeric Code Converted to the Device Name (Default or Assigned by you), while on the other Device first it reflects the Device Name and as soon as it got paired here it is Converted to Alphanumeric Code of your handset ... Screenshots attached...
0 Likes
samb911
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
What's the way to change it. Today I switched off bluetooth and on then the car audio started displaying correct name. But again after loosing connection again same old alphanumeric name
0 Likes
manish3103
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
Im facing the same issue on my note 10 lite, this issue can be seen on both my laptop and car's audio system