Original topic:

Bluetooth issues when hotspot is on

(Topic created on: 09-10-2020 11:20 PM)
adzires
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I'm using Galaxy S10 Lite with all the latest software updates installed.
Since I bought it about 4 months back, I'm facing a weird problem. Whenever I turn on hotspot, already connected Bluetooth devices are disconnected automatically and its not possible to connect them until hotspot is again turned off.
Or temporary fix is -
Restart phone
Turn on and off Airplane mode
Reset network settings

Samsung customer care hasn't given a permanent fix so far upon contacting multiple times and they always suggest same basic checks like boot to safe mode, reset app preferences, clear Bluetooth app cache etc. which didn't work.
No permanent solution so far.

Anybody facing similar issue or have a suggestion, please let me know.
14 Comments
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
if all settings are not work then its better to visit service centre as you tried almost everything
0 Likes
adzires
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Yep, I thought that too. Came to this forum to just check if others are facing similar issue.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Until Samsung enable 5ghz wifi hotspot this issue will persist. As 2.4ghz wifi interferes with Bluetooth which also uses the same band.
Galaxy S
Same issue from start. Hoping they fix it soon.

raised an bug report, They are asking logs for the recent transaction. if you have it. do share in the community bug report.
cs_member9
Active Level 7
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
adzires
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I have done that several times already.
Ryujin
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I'm having the same issue... Bluetooth is not working when I switch on the hotspot....

But temporarily if I connected the Bluetooth device prior to turning on the hotspot, it is working about 95% of the time... Try that out and let's wait for Samsung to fix the issue... hope it helps 😅
adzires
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Doesn't work for me that way. Even if bluetooth device is connected already, the moment I turn on hotspot, bluetooth is disconnected automatically and doesn't connect until hotspot is turned off.
Ryujin
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
maybe it works for me because of low internet connection in my region... I don't know...😅 but this problem is really annoying...
0 Likes