Original topic:

Black Crush and Panel Gap issue

(Topic created on: 06-24-2021 09:55 PM)
Vishesh2000
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

Hello,

I recently purchased Galaxy S20 FE and found a pannel gap between frame and plastic back out of the box, I visited the service center within 24 hours and asked for replacement but unfortunately, they denied and instead suggested I get a back panel replacement. I want to ask Samsung if this what they charge a premium on a device like I can get the same specs under 30k from other brands but I chose Samsung for better customer support.

I already had trouble with Oneplus customer support and now Samsung too. I contacted every support available on the Samsung website just mailing the CEO option is left and non of them helped me they keep blaming each other as online customer support says to visit service center and get replacement and service center people to say they don't have authority and need a mail or something from higher authorities to give replacement as this is not covered in replacement policy. So I suggest everyone not purchase from Samsung due to their trash policies.

If you can go up to this height then it's better you just send the parts of the device and we'll get it assembled from the service center. It also raises an issue with a testing unit of Samsung, if a product of the box is having enough panel gap that a paper and fingernail can pass through then how is it even IP68 rated waterproof?

Also last night I was watching a movie and I found a black crush issue with the display. Very disappointed with Samsung I don't know whether they gave me the engineering sample or what because one of the proofs of this is that when I placed an order in June the device went out of stock several times but the manufacturing month on the device is 1st April. If it was manufactured in April and sent to me in June after getting stock out several times then it doesn't make sense 

Thanks and Regards

Vishesh Yadav

11 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
I think it is a manufacturing defect. No such common issue is there in this phone. Only issue was heating.
0 Likes
Vishesh2000
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Sorry I Forgot to mention but it's S20 FE 5G , so there is no issue on snapdragon device but unfortunately I got the defective piece. Guess this was my bad luck
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Okay. I am using exynos version. That's why i asked. If there is any manufacturing defect u can go for replacement. Write a mail to samsung with the details of service center.
Vishesh2000
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Already done my friend but the online support and offline support response is contradictory. One says "you will get replacement" while the other says "we don't have the authority "
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Okay bro
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurred.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Vishesh2000
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Dude it is not a software bug 😒
0 Likes
Boyka00
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
So what happened bro?
Did you get the replacement?
I'm also facing this issue.
Can you please help me?
0 Likes
ghachkinaki
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I also have the same issue, i bought the phone 2 days ago and i was also told the same thing.
Before i had a oneplus phone, it also had a manufacturing defect.

Quality of smartphones is degrading day by day.
0 Likes