Original topic:

Biometric update causing problems in Samsung Pay and Samsung Pass

(Topic created on: 10-25-2019 01:52 PM)
OSss08
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I received the Samsung biometric update to resolve the screen protector issues. This update is working fine with the Lock screen unlocking but I feel it has made the Samsung Pay and Samsung pass authentication really difficult. I am hardly able to pass through it without entering the PIN. Please note that I am not using any screen protector or cover. 
10 Comments
Ahmed6
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
may I ask, did you reset all your finger registration?
I think Samsung recommends after the last update to reset all finger registrations.
OSss08
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Yup this worked. Thanks.
0 Likes
EzEr4tin
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
reset your fingerprint registration, thats one of the important instruction before you download the update.. 😉
0 Likes
twelveO
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
best thing backup all your data and reset your phone
0 Likes
nepali
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
but still i did not get update😥😥😥
0 Likes
OSss08
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I think it depends on ur devices region and IMEI. Since it's a security concern updates r rolling out fast. Also remember this is not a software update, this update came like a notification and ran within seconds and returned a success notification. I too was expecting it to be a software update, but it wasn't the case.
0 Likes
nepali
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
even no notification
0 Likes
RajeshMK
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
after updating software on Nov my biometric is not worKing properly. So I deleted my biometric records and try to re register. but now I cant register my finger print . and now once again I updated software on 04/01/2020 now the problem is same
0 Likes
RajeshMK
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
from where can I get biometric update
0 Likes