Original topic:

Battery

(Topic created on: 09-02-2021 10:39 AM)
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
I have replaced my S10 battery a week ago from service center after that initially I got a SOT of around 4.5 hrs at 13% battery life. After that there's a variation in SOT I am getting around 3.5, 4, 3 hrs most of the times. But with new battery usually I have to expect SOT of atleast 4+hrs but it's below that. Is anyone who has replaced the battery of their S10 is facing the same issue? Also help me with the solution to reduce huge battery drain. 
11 Comments
Galaxy S
I replaced my S10+ battery in June. I don't face any such issues. SOT is not a good metric as each one uses to phone differently. When I just browse or use some social media & messaging I end up with similar SOT as yours. But whenever I watch videos the SOT goes up to 7+ hrs from 100 - 10 %.
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
I agree but I think your S10 PLUS has 4100mah battery 700mah more than my S10. Also my doubt is that as it is a new battery will it take some time to get set?
0 Likes
AlphaTrion
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
The main problem here is the software updates.
Newer updates lack optimisations alot and has poor battery backup.
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Why can't they optimize before releasing?
0 Likes
AlphaTrion
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
They won't.
That's the case for every one of their flagship devices.
0 Likes
rojon
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
The problem is they aren't specifically tuning the updates for each device. It's because Samsung sells a lot of models.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Battery doesn't generally need time to settle, it's the software. If you've reset, give it a week or two
geevees
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I strongly believe there is an initial setting needed in charge discharge cycle of every new battery. But it should end up with an one week charge discharge cycle. Maximum 10 days. If we do the charge cycles exactly as recommended it will take only 3 or 4 days I think.
I in my earbud pro particularly experienced this phenomenon.
0 Likes
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Oh k can you be much more specific please? I couldn't catch your point
0 Likes