Original topic:

Battery issues in new S22 Ultra

(Topic created on: 10-15-2022 03:17 PM)
AmmarSiraj
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hi all, 

I purchased an S22 ultra about two months ago. But lately ive been noting quick battery lapses. Especially the last 5% drains down within 1-2 minutes while in use! 

During this my usage is pretty routine. No gaming, no camera usage. Maybe a bit of youtube, whatsapp or google duo calling . Display is set at full qhd and no power saving enabled. 

This sudden drainage was not happening in the first 2-3 weeks of purchases and i had already loaded all apps from previous phone, same day of purchase of this phone. I also selected the 85% limited charge option

I have samsung care subscribed. But im concerned if this is normal or i should have my phone checked. 

Looking for advice. Thankyou in advance
10 Comments
MrAmJay
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Wait for new upcoming os update it will fix battery related issues
Tmas
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
There is nothing wrong with the battery
0 Likes
AmmarSiraj
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hoping so really
0 Likes
Tmas
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Enter recovery mode and wipe cache partition, use bixby routines to activate GPS when using navigation apps only
0 Likes
AmmarSiraj
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Does that vipe all apps cache? Or specific to OS?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
For a new Samsung device its normal for the battery to drain a lot quicker than anticipated. It is because the AI is analysing your usage and finding ways to improve the battery life. I removed 5G and use 4g or 3g to save battery life and made my display to be Adaptive. That kinda helped improve the battery life of my device. I turned on Adaptive Power saving to further improve battery life. ❤️
AmmarSiraj
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thanks. Will follow. But most of my trouble comes with the last 5% of the battery. The remaining 80% isnt that bad honestly. So bad that Basically i take it that when i am at 5% i am at 0%. This is really bothering me as my old s8 had that wear off of battery after almost 4 years of use.
ProgRidha
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
It's better not to let your phone always go to 5 percent level

Try to charge it when still 10 - 20 percent and recommended 30

The fast fall from 5 to 0 I guess it is the system trying to protect the battery from totally emptied to prevent some known issues in modern batteries when it comes to totally drain

AmmarSiraj
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yeah trying that bit to not to let it go below 10