Original topic:

Battery help

(Topic created on: 05-01-2020 05:58 PM)
khan69
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy S
In my recent post I was complaining about the overnight battery drain on my S8. 
Even when the device is idle and all sort of connectivities including WiFi,data,NFC,sync, AOD are turned off I could observe 10-12% battery drain per hour. 

Now since 2 days I've put my phone on flight mode and using only WiFi,,, and now it's perfectly fine. No abnormal Battery drain like before. 

Wats wrong with my device please please please tell me anybody. 

I tried to wipe the cached partition.
Performed all sorts of optimization settings also. But nothing helped. 

Please help 😥😥

Please don't suggest factory reset coz it's not a solution to every problem,, and also it's a lot of hassle procedure.
19 Comments
khan69
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
shall do it,,, but I'm concerned about the total backup of phn
kkanth
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
bro download samsung smart switch it will very useful app for taking backup and restore try it
Ashwin98
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Bro please share your battery usage screen shot
khan69
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
here it is. it's better now coz as I said I'm using my phn on flight mode with WiFi turned on since 2 days.
Ashwin98
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
😮 It's great, 6 hrs and 34 mins with 36% left...
I think your battery drains only due to poor network connectivity..
khan69
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
that's wat I said u bro, I'm getting good battery backup from 2 days since I'm using it on flight mode and WiFi only.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
I think you have to wait for next security patch
Ashwin98
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Not only for the security patch, but also should have a good network connectivity.
Samsung_Support4
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please perform the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

1. Perform Battery Optimization:- Battery optimization helps you to boost the battery performance of your device.
To check battery optimization:- Settings > Select Device Maintenance/Device Care > Optimize > Optimize all options like Battery, Storage and Memory

2. Device network fluctuation:- Kindly check whether mobile network fluctuates frequently or network signal is low in your area. In both cases battery will drain considerably fast. We recommend you to avoid usage in area with low network/fluctuation.

3. Display brightness level:- Kindly set the device display brightness in auto mode (If available).
Steps to adjust brightness in auto mode: Swipe down on the home screen to open notification panel>Turn on Auto brightness.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > click on “+“icon > send feedback > error report/ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

khan69
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Point number 1. Done
point number 2. I've tried using both jio and BSNL, both showing strong network.
point number 3. I always use my battery at minimum level.
0 Likes