Original topic:

Battery drain

(Topic created on: 07-07-2017 09:27 PM)
Genji
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
So I've been using my galaxy s7 Edge for 8 months without any issue whatsoever. Lately, however, the battery had been draining at an alarming rate. I have notice that sometimes will get hot too while ok standby. As of this moment it is at 32%... as I was about to take a nap 1 and a half hours ago it was at 70% and when I woke up about 7 minutes ago it was at 39% ..and hot. I have used McAfee to ensure there are no running apps in the background and Knox indicated "No abnormal battery usage" and "No running apps". When the phone was okay I could leave home in the morning with full charge and even with browsing and using data and Bluetooth and a couple of downloads and photos I could still get home at around 1 or 2 am with about 20% charge.
What could be the problem??
5 Comments
junniscorpio
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
update is the problem i think. since updated 7.0 nougat. i also have battery drain issue. before update my battery worked a whole day with full use of 24 hrs . and now i charge my s7 2 times a day .
0 Likes
blackberry10
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
same here with nougat
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
i'm on the same boat since the Nougat update.
0 Likes
tq1
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
me too am beginning not to like nougat when it comes to battery life
0 Likes
Erny
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Same on my S7 since the last nougat update. Battery drain due to Knox is huge. Is Samsung aware of this issue and are they trying to resolve it? For that much money I would expect a fully developed product 😞
0 Likes