Original topic:

Battery drain

(Topic created on: 11-29-2019 11:02 PM)
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
I have purchased a new galaxy S10 device 4 days ago white model. I see that from day 1 till today battery is draining draining quite fast. Is it because of new battery and does this happen for some days? Is it required to reset the phone once for this purpose only?
11 Comments
Galaxy S
Can you share the battery usage graph?
0 Likes
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Seems that you are getting a decent battery backup.
My note 9 which is purchased 1 year ago is showing a similar battery usage pattern.
0 Likes
DCS8
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
pls check your battery usage from Device Care option under settings and identify the app or apps which are consuming most of the battery. then disable or force stop the app (if not system app) for the time being and observe battery performance until next charging
0 Likes
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
I have one doubt mine is 8gb 512gb model which I brought from reliance digital. I see that the manufacture date printed on box is Mar 2019 and now I have purchased it. Till 8 months it was in the box. Does this also affect the battery as battery wasn't charged for a long time. Also one more thing I got a new update around 1.5gb when I first switched on the phone I did the update. Is it required to reset phone every time after installing the new update.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
A span of around 4 to 8 months is calculated by the manufacturer between the production and purchase of a device. So prequations are taken to avoid damage to battery during this period.
Eventhough the phone will work with out any issue after an OTA update, it's recomented to do a factory reset after update. Otherwise update the software through SmartSwitch so that the update will be intact.
0 Likes
Kalyanhyd
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Follow what @dcs8 suggested and there is option to send app to sleep mode when not in use. Also enable 'medium power saving' or optimised mode for extra battery life
0 Likes
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
So guys what do you suggest me to should I need to reset the phone once for this or wait for some more time
0 Likes
ZombieTechie
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I don't think that a reset is required for your phone. One may use it only if there is a major software issue. Your phone seems to be OK