Original topic:

Battery capacity of Galaxy S10 Lite has drastically gone downhill

(Topic created on: 03-13-2020 02:56 PM)
SuperEl
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hello,

Does any of you have seen that battery capacity on your new Galaxy S10 Lite has got massive reduction after few days?

My S10 Lite is on latest security patch update which was several days ago and everything was fine till today after that update. 

Earlier till now I was shown '2 Days 6 hours' of battery capacity at full charge (100%) with medium power saving mode and today it was showing me '1 Day 18 hours' of battery capacity at full charge (100%),  which is a big sudden and unusual decrease in battery capacity which feels totally unrealistic. 

I haven't installed anything recently and no system settings have been changed by me, I also keep all the apps on sleeping mode via 'App power management' permanently and I have been using my phone with 'Dark Mode' and 'medium power saving mode' since the day one.

Current statistics is as attached below at 98% charge of battery with medium power saving mode enabled 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DrPeter
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
bro it doesn't matter.
if you use your device heavily for a day, then it will show reduced battery expected life for few days.
but, if you use it lightly for few days after a heavy use, it will again show that expected life is 2d 6hrs.
so don't worry about that expectation...

View solution in context

29 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
check your battery usage and please get rid of you third party and check them thourgly
0 Likes
SuperEl
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I checked the battery usage even though it doesn't matter when the phone is fully charged at 100%.

But I will check uninstalling other banking related apps.

Thank you.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
hm then this is the ui problem Samsung crappy one ui made things worsen
0 Likes
SuperEl
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes, that may be a possibility with bug in OS. As I have used Galaxy S7 in past and I have never encountered this kind of issue especially with the battery.

I hope that other users with 'Galaxy S10 lite' share their views or findings if they are facing the same issue like mine.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
even in my s9 I do facing this no Idea what to do even resting the phone is not helping crappy one ui
0 Likes
Solution
DrPeter
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
bro it doesn't matter.
if you use your device heavily for a day, then it will show reduced battery expected life for few days.
but, if you use it lightly for few days after a heavy use, it will again show that expected life is 2d 6hrs.
so don't worry about that expectation...
SuperEl
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes, I understand that, but my daily use is light to very moderate than other users as always and it has been consistently like this, nothing has changed and I charge my phone at 4th day after 3 days of usage on single charge. I am not a heavy user as per general criteria.

What I am trying to say is that till today I was getting estimated 54 hours of battery capacity at full charge of 100% with medium power saving mode enabled and today it fell down to 42 hours of battery capacity at full charge of 100% with medium power saving mode enabled and nothing has been changed in system, apps or my usage pattern, everything is same as before but battery capacity has reduced to 42 hours from 54 hours which is loss of 12 hours (a half day) worth of battery capacity that seems very unusual, I could understand if the capacity drop would have been of 4-6 hours but 12 hours of drop in a day is confusing.

Thank you for the reply.
SuperEl
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
OK, I will try to monitor my phones behavior for 4-5 days, then I will try to system reset or wipe cache partition and check whether it solves it or not, because this is very unusual behavior.
s4s
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Click on battery usage and share the screen shot. Possibly your last 7 days usage pattern tells why the numbers are shuffling.

Humanly not possible to use the mobile same hrs every day. Your screenshot of last 7 days may help to predict and understand that number better
0 Likes