Original topic:

Battery Life gotten worse in Nougat update.

(Topic created on: 02-02-2017 04:53 PM)
IGA33
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I use Galaxy S7 Edge G935F United Arab Emirates.

I updated my phone to Nougat 7.0 on 23rd Jan, there have been many improvements in the phone, however the battery life of the phone has gotten worse.

In Marshmallow, I would get around 6hr SoT with my normal usage, but now the phone averages at 4hr 30mins SoT. Yes, I did have set my resolution at WQHD and performance at optimised mode, using the phone at power saving mode is not an option for me. In Marshmallow the phone had WQHD at default, but the SoT was still 6hrs+

I want Samsung to find a fix for this problem, battery was the main reason I bought this phone.
11 Comments
KmalNV
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I have the same problem too, android system is take more power than before. Plus the the wifi won't work unless I activate airplane mode
0 Likes
IGA33
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Android System too, but lately in this update it has been the standby that isn't really good.
0 Likes
iamRifard
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
are you sure about that 6 hours?? usually s7 edge 30+ hours on moderate use and 15+ hours on high use. Just check your phone. I don't think that's a nougat problem.
0 Likes
IGA33
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I was talking about Screen on Time there, when I use my phone constantly, it can go up to 7hrs of SoT. the phone has lasted me 37hrs once, but it was on Marshmallow.
0 Likes
klajdi
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
guys i am expecting the opposite of this. my battery life is better.
i mention that i changed to HD . i do not feel any big difference in screen resolution but batery life is way better
0 Likes
IGA33
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I don't see why would I use a phone at HD resolution when it's capable of QHD and has 3600mAh Battery to back it up too.

I didn't pay the premium price for using the phone in HD resolution.
Rani2
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
try clearing cache from boot menu. this is the only reason for this problem.
0 Likes
IGA33
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Tried it, didn't made a difference. Did a factory reset too.
0 Likes
teco29
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
me too
0 Likes