Original topic:

Battery Life Improvement Tips

(Topic created on: 10-08-2022 07:15 PM)
RogerOriginals
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
I have seen many here posting about bad battery life so I thought maybe I can share some tips to help other improve theirs. My device is Galaxy S22+ but it should work for other OneUI 4 devices too, especially those with Bixby Routines app.

1. Put apps in deep sleep. To access this, go to settings > battery and device care > battery > background usage limits > deep sleeping apps. Add every single app to the list that you don't want notifications from. Except selected social media apps, email apps, sms and payment apps, I have put everything else in deep sleep. Choose your list accordingly, as the apps in that list will not run in background and you'll not get any notifications.

2. Set up bixby routines. Go to settings > advanced features > bixby routines. Add the following routines:
A) If time period is (enter your time range when you'll be asleep at night) then turn off AOD.
B) If connected to Wifi (select your home or office network) then Mobile data off.
C) If time period is (enter time range when you'll be asleep) then power saving on.

Apart from these, you can play around in Bixby routines and make your own automation too, such as keeping GPS turn off unless you open specific apps, switching automatically to 60hz display when OTT apps are opened and so on. My battery life is still not very good, but it's definitely improved from when I was getting just 4 hour SOT with 20 hours battery life earlier.

6 Comments
Hualngo
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Descent battery life there
Galaxy S
Very good battery backup for S22+
ChidoriNS
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
When you switch to ott apps it automatically switches to 48hz because it has ltpo display
Galaxy S
I was not aware of that, thanks. I thought the display cannot drop more below 60Hz
0 Likes
ChidoriNS
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
You can test it out by checking 3rd party fps so you can see much how much it is dropping
0 Likes
mrzeusmk721
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

Great tips wonderful I keep on battery saver but it is lacking performance so now I got new tips for a battery improvement option👍 Let me try this one and see.