Original topic:

Battery Draining fast on s10 plus after Android 11 upgrade

(Topic created on: 01-23-2021 12:50 AM)
AshwinPatt
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
My battery is draining like hell on my s10 plus after upgrading to Android 11 and UI 3.0.
Any idea how to fix?
66 Comments
bigjig
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I am planning to use Odin and go back to Android 10 whilst it's possible. 

I got the same advice from Samsung,  factory reset and take it in for a repair. It doesn't make sense as prior to this upgrade things were rosy. 

Just system apps killing battery,SOT is terrible. I realise the different power mode settings are missing in Android 11 OneUI 3 build. 

I have been using medium power saving mode and guess we only have adaptive and low power mode in the new build. 

0 Likes
bigjig
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

These stats from Accubattery clearly show how poor the battery life has become because of the upgrade.

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/qVec3D7HAVfU

0 Likes
godric
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

same problem for my note 10 lite after updating to Android 11 the battery is like draining so quick am charging more than ever

0 Likes
kfines
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hey All,

I found a YouTube video to downgrade back to Android 10.  I did this Sunday and so far my battery has been almost back to normal.  A charge now gets me through 1.5 days (was previously 2 days).  So much improved from charging 3xper day with Android 11.

Downgrade Android 11 Rollback -Android 10 On Samsung Galaxy Note 10/10+/Note 20 Series/S10 Series - ...

I had called Samsung and received no help at all.  They advised me to do a factory reset.  I tried that and it did not help what so ever.  It's a shame.  I was a 10 year iPhone user.  I switched to Android 2 months ago to avoid this BS... But it seems it persists here.  I highly doubt I will continue buying Samsung phones after their lack of efforts to fix the issue they created.

Hope this helps all of you.  

0 Likes
Guttie
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Around Feburary I downgraded my phone back to Android 10 and yes 1.5 days off battery.

It's now June 25th 2021, I've been searching the web if Samsung fixed this yet?

But I can't find anything on the web.

I'd like to "upgrade" but I don't want to kill my battery again. 

Does anyone know if Samsung fixed it? Can you point me to an article or something that shows how they fixed it or what was actually wrong.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Enable power saving mode or visit nearby service centre.
0 Likes
Jimtheseraf
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Hello guys,looking to update from my galaxy S8 to S10.

The battery drain after updates seems to be a COMMON practice for Samsung products!!! 
PLEASE read https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/other-smartphones/s8-oreo-battery-drain/td-p/476750 and tell your thoughts!!! 

0 Likes