Original topic:

Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 11-07-2020 06:31 PM)
vanarp1999
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I have purchased Samsung Galaxy s10 lite online and I have been using it since 1 week. My battery lasts for about 20-22 hours on light to moderate usage. I have read many reviews where users are getting 2 days off battery backup on similar usage. Is my battery faulty??
0 Likes
15 Comments
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
not faulty its good backup, backup is vary on user to user as per their uses
but anyway i would like to suggest you some battery settings if you not done yet then do some settings to save more battery life and observe for next 1-2 days, it will give a noticeable difference

1. Connection>more connections settings> disable nearby device settings.

2. Location>improve accuracy >disable
A. Wifi scanning
B. Bluetooth scanning .

3. Device care>battery >power mode>select "optimised" and "adaptive power saving".

And then click on "app power management >
And enable these 2 options.
A. Adaptive battery
B. Put Unused Apps to Sleep.

4. Long press on each app specially 3rd party app(LIKE FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE) and rarely used apps and also ON "GOOGLE APP" as well, then click on>app info> go to these 3 options below on by one

A. Mobile data> allow background data usage>off

B. Battery >allow background activity >off

C. Notification >disable unnecessary notifications like promotional and unnecessary reminder notifications.

5. Go to settings> privacy > permission manager > location> and check which app have accessing your location all the time and if you not using that apps much, then deny access or set as " allowed only while in use"
As unnecessary location access by 3rd party app causing battery drain.

6.  Go to settings > Google > on device sharing> check which 3rd party apps present there for e.g. if you use paytm , paytm will  shared data to show recommendation and suggestion which also cause battery drain

7.  Go to settings > account and backup> account > check which app syncing automatically there, and if any app which not necessary to auto sync then click on it and "disable sync"

8. Go to settings >apps>search "weather" >click on settings icon right side > change "auto refresh" settings as per your requirements and disable some unnecessary reminder. ( due to auto refresh it continuously consuming battery)

9. If you use Facebook frequently then disable "auto play video"
And if you are mostly uses mobile, on wifi connection then also disable "auto play videos" in YouTube.

10. Google >click on 3dot at right top corner>usage and diagnostics >off this option.
vanarp1999
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Thanks for the suggestions!!
But I shouldn't be required to do these adjustments as it is a brand new phone 😕
kris88
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
This is a one time setup Vanarp. If the phone had only stock apps and no additional 3rd party apps installed then it wouldn't have been required.
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
👍👍
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
but one thing more I want to say that, those settings are not depends on new or old
but anyway its your choice
vanarp1999
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Yeah I have changed the settings but hope the battery issue gets rectified in further updates
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
hope so👍
new updates always coming with some pros and cons.
now a days update is removing features more than giving new one
but hope for the best
Galaxy S

Hello Bro, i am also using s10 lite that i have bought last month, i am telling you my phone's battery life so you can have an idea about your ohone too, i charged my phone at morning(10-11AM) about 90-95% and i am using mostly youtube, whatsapp, instagram, and chrome for news feed these are the main application which i am using the most, and it will decrease down to 30% at 8-9PM yes i am taking 3hours calls also, so keep in mind that also, i estimated that if you charge 100%  and take down to 5% the average SOT(Screen ON Time) will 9hours according to my usage, if your playing games and using heavy application then it will vary. 

vanarp1999
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Thank you for sharing!!
I think I might be getting similar backup.
I am assured that my battery isn't faulty:)