Original topic:

Battery Drain by Google Messages App | S21U

(Topic created on: 08-04-2021 09:34 AM)
aaqibrk
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Usually, my phone (S21 Ultra) would lose 3-4% battery overnight. But recently (sometime around July 27, 2021), I started losing 15-18% battery on an idle, unused phone. This is the Exynos version. (screenshots below).

When I checked, I saw that most of the drain is happening via the Google Messages app. It's happening for the first time, and I don't know what just happened.

Is someone else facing this, and is there a fix?

Kindly let me know. Thanks!

14 Comments
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve your device battery drain issue please visit this link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-mobile-battery-drain-issue/

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
A00N
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Thank you customer support, for your kind consideration, in copying and pasting , from the support page, a generic solution, that didn't work in the first place, as we first go there for solutions before asking here.
Very thoughtful and generous of you guys.
Now when are we customers going to get actual support, that involves actually looking into the problem and giving a real solution. I guess that's wishful thinking and never going to happen right? If it did, then you guys would find it difficult to sell new phones right?
0 Likes
UB09
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I lost more than 60% a day due to google messages. Checked around and found this bug affecting oneplus devices too. Their fix is to uninstall updates for google messages app. I went a step ahead, uninstalled updates, disabled googled messages and started using samsung messages. In the last 12 hours, i could see the battery drain curve flatten.Screenshot_20210802-221851_Device care.jpg
0 Likes
A00N
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
That's right. I asked around. There is a bug in the latest messages app update.
Motorola's, Nokia's, OnePlus, Samsung's are facing this issue.
0 Likes
aaqibrk
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes, that's what worked for me as well. Maybe a bug, or maybe a very clever move to shift people from Google Messages. 😛
0 Likes