Original topic:

Battery Drain -Back Again

(Topic created on: 08-28-2020 08:10 PM)
Vish10e
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Since last update the battery usage is very high. It is not with a particular app. I have most of the apps set to not run in background. I am charging atleast twice in 12 hours! I see Google Play Service running in background and suspect it is eating up a lot of battery though it doesn't show up in battery usage stat as heavy utilizer

Is anyone else facing the same? Cant disable Google Play Services though 
14 Comments
AGP25
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
hmm yeah you're right the bathroom is draining quickly
I think the new update has messed up with optimization
can I know how hot is your device getting up..mine is like 31-35°C during a normal usage
0 Likes
AGP25
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
battery...lol the autocorrect🤣🤣
0 Likes
Vish10e
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
lol..np
while charging the temp probably is around 40!

i am not a heavy user and end up charging twice in 12 hrs. Really pathetic update this time
AGP25
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
yeah now as you said it feels like using the old version of samsung, the battery drains fast...even when the phone is idle, that means the background apps are not killed correctly by the UI...I hope these guys fix this in a update
And didn't the s20 had the same issue, I heard they fixed that issue in UI 2.5 update??
0 Likes
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Google play service is necessary to run in background however you can disable background activity and notifications of Google app
Vish10e
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Google Play Service is kind of wrapper around many underlying services. Earlier version had some level of isolation though
. almost every background activity is disabled except the google play services which cannot be restricted.

point is : updates always screw one or the other thing, rarely an update which is best suited for all aspects is released, hoping for a better test on house and release an update even if it takes time
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
yes, agreed
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
but you can set limit to other Google things except play service
arunnechlani
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Follow these steps to get best out of your phone battery