Original topic:

BRF8 breaks dual SIM + microSD support

(Topic created on: 07-18-2018 05:26 PM)
plzlol
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
In all previous firmware, I could use my S9+ DUO with 2 nano SIM cards and a microSD.
In BRF8, Samsung added a useless check with a message impossible to dismiss saying that there is something in my SIM tray.
The phone recognise both SIM AND the microSD but samsung just removed this feature whereas it was perfectly working!
why can't I use my phone to its full capabilities ?
52 Comments
MariusJS
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
Nope, problem is still there in July patch
plzlol
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
still no official public comment from samsung ! worst company ever. never going to buy any product from them anymore!
0 Likes
Versus
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Maybe because they do not want to assume this officially...I don't know, we will see !
0 Likes
AlexanderK
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
july update is out. has anyone checked?
0 Likes
plzlol
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
See above comment. As expected, they kept this moronic check and we can't bypass it it seems...
Last samsung product I will ever buy.
0 Likes
Versus
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Still no reaction, we don't give up, untill that stolen feature will be restore !
0 Likes
2SIMandMicroSD
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
DEAR SAMSUNG,

Please, stop this non-sense.
You will not raise sales by this and technically there are nor reasons to doing that.

WE AS SO FAR LOYAL USERS WILL ABANDON THE BRAND IF THIS IS AN INTENTION OF CORPORATE POLICIES OF SAMSUNG. 2 SIMS and MICRO SD CARD WAS ESSENTIAL FOR MY PURCHASE DECISION.
ALSO, EVERYONE WILL BE ENCOURAGED TO EXPRESS EXTREME DISAPPOINTMENT WITH YOUR POLICIES.

SUGGESTION TO CHINESE MANUFACTURERS, LEARN THE LESSON AND MAKE PROPER DECISION.

SAMSUNG IF YOU DO NOT LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS, YOUR SALES WILL SINK.

Thank you for attention dear Samsung !
Versus
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
The sales worldwide for S9 & S9+ are already low, under expectations, so, to implement such a nonsense limitations, considering all of that it's a huge marketing and strategical mistake !
plzlol
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Still nothing from them... shittiest brand ever.
0 Likes
Longtimeuser
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
@Samsung customer relations - please escalate. We need to get it fixed.

Shall we all use Twitter and Facebook to make other people planning to purchase S9/S9+?
It will become noisy hopefully and marketing funds impact will be visible to planning committee.

I was happy S7 Duos user since it was released, never had issue with water resistance (phone got into water) as the SIM + SD Card fits perfectly if done properly (doesn't take much more space - if used with thin SD card/SIM card chip only with connectors).

I've used to be S2,S4, S7 Duos, S9 (just 3 days since bought - will be returning most probably)... as after upgrade it stopped working.
0 Likes