Original topic:

At my wits end with the Battery Life (S21+ Exynos)

(Topic created on: 12-07-2022 04:18 PM)
ProHammers
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Hi guys.

This is going to be my first post here.

So I've tried pretty much everything to increase my SOT. Factory reset my phone, measure my signal strength, switch to 4G only (even 3g I've tried), switch off RAM plus, enabled those developer options as well but I've always barely managed to get by 3 hours of SOT. I don't know what I'm doing wrong at this point. I'd really appreciate some sort of feedback from you guys and see if things can be done differently.

I really love the phone except for it's horrendous battery life.

6 Comments
Zain2000
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Can you run a diagnostic test for the battery? Go to samsung memebers> Support tab> Diagnostic test> Battery.

Also send a error report to samsung with your log files.

Did you drop your device recently? If so, then please be aware that the battery walls are weaken when a device is dropped.

Up-vote if helpful.
ProHammers
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
Thanks for the reply.

Ran the diagnostics test, it says it's normal.

Regarding the dropping, I don't think so I might have dropped it in such a way that it would've been really bad for it. It might have dropped on a carpet but not the floor, I assume.
VikrantTambade
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I hope you are having FHD+ display setting, Adaptive motion smoothness ON and processing speed set as optimised.
You may also keep Adaptive battery toggle ON but in my opinion it doesn't make any difference in battery life.
You can also check which app is consuming more battery. The rarely used apps can be put on sleep or deep sleep mode.

With above settings, even I am getting almost similar SOT on my S21Ultra.

I noticed 5G and 2k display setting consumes more battery and my SOT had reduced than above since most of the time, I will be on data.

Good luck 👍
dissosa
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Actually flagship devices like s21 and all are not meant for long hours usage...for better battery performance u will have to resort to mid range devices..
ProHammers
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
It would make sense if I do very heavy processing on my phone (I.E gaming, editing), but I just browse Reddit, YouTube or WhatsApp. That's the extent of my use.

I'd assume for such uses the battery should give me at least a full day use. I even have routines set for closing location and switching to 60Hz refresh rate when using video streaming applications.
0 Likes
dissosa
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
See dear, flagship devices use powerful processors compared to mid rangers or low end devices..the more powerful the processor, the more power it consumes...that is the basic reason why flagship devices dont give as much battery backup as mid rangers or low end devices do..no matter whatever settings you tweak, its going to make little difference since the root cause lies within the processor
0 Likes