Original topic:

Apps not updating post A-12 update on S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 12-12-2021 10:54 AM)
VikrantTambade
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy S
Hi guys,

I am experiencing a weird issue where some of mine installed apps on S21 Ultra are not updating in play store. I have all the apps downloaded from store only. No side loaded apps. 

I Google the issue and tried every possible way like clearing play store cache, clear data, force stop, disable play store, etc but of no use. 

This issue is with few apps only.

I have contacted their developers now and awaiting there reply. 

Surprisingly, when I uninstalled that app which is not updating then that app was not installing again and giving same error like while updating.

Wiping cache partition through recovery mode also didn't help. 

If someone is facing same issue then pls comment and if someone knows how to solve then pls advise. 

TIA. 

19 Comments
Galaxy S
Thanks for sharing! One of my app has same issue like yours, I'll definitely give it a try!
KartikIyer
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Hi 

The device protection to switch off or just clear cache. Facing same issue with s21 ultra 

0 Likes
KartikIyer
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Sorry couldn't find the system app or device security under settings >apps 

0 Likes
VikrantTambade
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
You have to click on filter and sort icon and then you can see the toggle for showing system apps. Check screenshots. Screenshot_20220130-065840_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20220130-065834_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Drkg
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I am having the same problem and have tried all the recommendations. This also started after the ui update. Need phone for work please help.

0 Likes
VikrantTambade
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
And I have also noticed this that as soon as I wipe out cache and clear data and restart the device and try downloading the app which is facing issue, will not download in first strike. It will get downloaded upto 80% and stop in between and get cancelled automatically. Then again I will have to try installing it then the same error will occur. Screenshot_20211212-075101_Google Play Store_85662_1639284661.jpgScreenshot_20211212-075154_Google Play Store_85664_1639284714.jpg
Drkg
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I am having the same problem. I tried all the suggested workarounds to no effect. Even chrome won't update.

Help please

VikrantTambade
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Do you have this issue for many apps or only few? Like I have this issue for a single app.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Hi there I am actually having the same issue for multiple apps I tried all the possible ways to fix it however I came to no results I contacted the technical team and hopefully they are working on it all those issues showed after updating to android version 12
VikrantTambade
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Hi,

As I mentioned in my post, I am facing this issue particularly for a single app. But there is similar post where the writer is facing issue like you.

https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S/Android-12-S21-Ultra-Google-play-store/td-p/10482860

You may check above post. Writer had also contacted technical support. They advised him to clear cache and data for Google play store app which was already tried by me and for him also, that didn't solve anything.
0 Likes