Original topic:

App Install speed

(Topic created on: 11-27-2021 06:43 PM)
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Has anyone noticed that installing apps from playstore is quite slow compared to other brand phones? The download process completes alright but the actual install takes comparatively more time i.e, 2x to 3x compared to other phones. 
Is there a solution for this?

Also the installs from galaxy store seemingly don't suffer from this issue, so is it a bug?

Edit: The Galaxy store is fast but not as fast as play store on other brand phones, and as I quoted an example other phones are 5-7 times faster in app installation speeds.
28 Comments
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
It's 5-7 times faster even in other brands like OnePlus and Mi etc. Idk whats wrong with Samsung devices.
0 Likes
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
But what's the issue actually. We are not in an app installing competition. So 5 seconds or so shouldn't bother in real life I guess. However I admit that it's a bit annoying in the beginning. I now let it happen in the background.
0 Likes
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
The issue is about how is something so basic botched. And exynos devices get laggy while installing so you can't update apps and use your phone at the same time.
0 Likes
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Oh of you can't do multitasking then it's a major issue.
0 Likes
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Ok so I came to know the culprit behind this. My S10+ random write is 2MB/s in contrast the Note10+ has a 20MB/s random write and even the Pixel 4 has 12MB/s random write.
This test was done using CPDT benchmark. The storage on my phone is **bleep**.
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung member,

Greetings from Samsung customer support.

Thank you for sharing your concern. And please follow the easy troubleshooting steps which might help to solve the issue.

Open the network settings.

Navigate to and open Settings. Search for and select Reset network settings

Reset the network settings.

Tap Reset network settings again, and then tap Reset settings. You may be prompted to enter your security credentials. Tap Reset to finish.

However, we would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.
Warm regard,
Samsung customer support

0 Likes
Galaxy S
This is been tried many times, even remotely with executive on samsung share app, but Still it does not work..
You are following the path of Oneplus now who are just a profit making company and there is no one to listen customer complaint.
Even after investing so much on this type of phone S21U, we have to wait for app installation annoys.
So better try to solve this bug or just let us know if it cannot be done
0 Likes
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
This was solved by disabling the McAfee security in device care settings.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Whats the steps
0 Likes