Original topic:

App Crash on One UI 5

(Topic created on: 11-01-2022 10:57 AM)
Saran_p
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, I'm facing major issue with my S22 Ultra after updating it to One UI 5. Apps such as Amazon, Gmail are just crrashing when i'm trying to open them and it keeps on happening no matter if I restart my device.

Anyone else facing the issue or is it something to do with my handset in particular? Please suggest.

7 Comments
NOOB_1ST_ACC
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Attach screenshot of app issue history in device care Screenshot_20221101-111926_Device care_1000064462_1667281801.jpg
0 Likes
Saran_p
Active Level 4
Galaxy S

2568a75c-52c5-46c9-a057-8442f6872d47.jpg1b3e7975-08ba-433b-ad8c-2a11905cf4bf.jpgWhatsApp Image 2022-11-01 at 11.26.46 AM.jpeg

0 Likes
TheSkeptic
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Yup, it's been happening since yesterday for me. Updated my S22 Ultra a few days prior. I can't open Gmail, I can't open any links from Facebook for articles, and getting several notifications of apps crashing.

0 Likes
MiraclePanda
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Try clearing cache but my advice take a full backup & go for reset .
0 Likes
DarkKnightTG2
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
Same issue for me since today morning. All apps crashing on S22 Ultra. Oneui 5 version. Looks like android webview issue but unable to get a solution
0 Likes
Saran_p
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Guys, I have done factory reset and I'm able to access apps now. I will update here if the issue persist.
0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung member,

Greetings from Samsung customer support.

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and will surely assist you regarding the same and please follow the easy troubleshooting steps which might help to solve the issue.

Clearing the app cache is kind of like a cleanse for your apps. It will get rid of residual files that could be slowing down the app.
Open Settings, and then swipe to and tap Apps. Select or search for the app you want to clear. Tap Storage, and then tap Clear cache.

Step 1. Go to Settings > Apps.
Step 2. Tap on More options (three vertical dots) on upper-right corner > Sort by > Size.
To delete:
Step 1. Go to Settings > Apps.
Step 2. Select an issued app.
Step 3. Tap Uninstall to free up storage space.

Improper App installation may also cause Android Apps crashing problem. You must download the App from the Google Play Store/ Galaxy store and use it only after it is successfully and completely installed on your device. In case your Apps stop abruptly, delete or uninstall the App from your device and install it back carefully after a few minutes.

Step 1. To uninstall apps on an Android device, go to Settings > Apps.
Step 2. Select an issued app > tap on Uninstall.
Step 3. Go to Google Play Store and reinstall the App again.

If your issue will be not resolved, Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report).
Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurring.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.
Warm regard,
Samsung customer support

0 Likes