Original topic:

Anyone facing charging issues with S10 Lite?

(Topic created on: 11-03-2020 10:34 PM)
Elomnusk
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hi All,

I've got a Samsung S10 Lite, and facing some strange charging issues for the last few weeks. 

First of all; the USB C port has become really finicky about correctly detecting the cable, sometimes it registers as cable charging mode (slow usb charging). Other times it registers as a fast charger but only if oriented in a certain direction (which coincidentally defeats the purpose of USB C altogether). 
And once in a while it can't detect the charger at all (tried with multiple Samsung and non Samsung QC 2.0 compliant bricks and cables) until I do a completely non-sense maneuver - power off the device, connect the charger which starts the charging and then power it back up. Then the charging continues albeit in slow charging mode.

This looks like a classic hardware problem except a few observations - there's no loose connection. Once the cable is picked up by the charger then it doesn't stop working midway no matter how much I move it. This problem also started after a recent software update. And finally, if it was a hardware issue then turning off the phone wouldn't get it to start charging either. Hopefully this is a software problem.

Anyone else facing similar problems like this? Can you let me know if calling service will solve the problem (hardware issue) or not? I'm really getting tired of Samsung and it's shenanigans. Been using smartphones for 10 years now and this is the first time a phone is showing such serious problems within 5 months of purchase.
35 Comments
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
first try these settings
go to settings >apps>click on show system app >search for "usb settings" storage >clear cache and data then restart your device and then try
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
or if possible visit service centre
Galaxy S
i had the same problem.. and they claim that its problem with charging board or something like that.. and took 2 weeks for them to fix it.. get it to the service centre man..
0 Likes
Elomnusk
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
They kept the phone for 2 weeks? That's a real useless service if you ask me.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
yeah..as far as service..samsung is worst
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve the charging issue kindly follow below given steps:-

1. Kindly check the power socket functionality with a different device or try to charge the device in a different power socket.

2. Charge the device:- Please charge the device in switch off condition for a minimum of 10 minutes.
If not resolved: (Removable battery) – Kindly remove the back panel of your device and check the physical condition (Bulge, Swelling or visible damage).
If the physical condition is not good: Request you to turn off the device immediately and please do not try to charge or tamper the battery also request you to visit the service center immediately.

For more information kindly check the instructions provided in below given link:-
https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/battery-not-charged-charging-related-issue/

After Performing the troubleshooting steps if the issue still persists, kindly get back to us with additional information- Error log File, Video or Screen-shots. This will help us to further investigate and resolve your concern.
(Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
AmanHaryana
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
same problem bro....
in repeat...
my phone had same fault 2 months ago...
and today it happend again...
its a manufacturing fault by samsung...
my phone is just 5 months old
Elomnusk
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
It happened again after servicing?
0 Likes
suzyw71
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Same thing here too! My phone is only 3 months old and I meticulously look after it. I'm more than fuming about it!

0 Likes