Original topic:

Anyone facing charging issues with S10 Lite?

(Topic created on: 09-16-2020 08:21 PM)
Elomnusk
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hi All,

I've got a Samsung S10 Lite, and facing some strange charging issues for the last few weeks. 

First of all; the USB C port has become really finicky about correctly detecting the cable, sometimes it registers as cable charging mode (slow usb charging). Other times it registers as a fast charger but only if oriented in a certain direction (which coincidentally defeats the purpose of USB C altogether). 
And once in a while it can't detect the charger at all (tried with multiple Samsung and non Samsung QC 2.0 compliant bricks and cables) until I do a completely non-sense maneuver - power off the device, connect the charger which starts the charging and then power it back up. Then the charging continues albeit in slow charging mode.

This looks like a classic hardware problem except a few observations - there's no loose connection. Once the cable is picked up by the charger then it doesn't stop working midway no matter how much I move it. This problem also started after a recent software update. And finally, if it was a hardware issue then turning off the phone wouldn't get it to start charging either. Hopefully this is a software problem.

Anyone else facing similar problems like this? Can you let me know if calling service will solve the problem (hardware issue) or not? I'm really getting tired of Samsung and it's shenanigans. Been using smartphones for 10 years now and this is the first time a phone is showing such serious problems within 5 months of purchase.
hamza01512
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

how did u solve the problem please

0 Likes
AmanHaryana
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
yes just after two months
see my old post in my profile and todays post
0 Likes
Elomnusk
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Update to the case - got the usb connector replaced. This is a hardware problem, so needs warranty support
Veufinder98
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
so the service was free ??
0 Likes
PankajChawlapc
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
facing the same issue after 8 months of purchase.. what should i do now ??
0 Likes
Adithya2
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Same. Even I purchased just 8 months back and facing same issue
0 Likes
Hari81
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
I m facing very strange issue with s10 lite .. it is not taking charing with orignal charger while charger of oppo vooc is charging it.
0 Likes
Samsung_XdFxwWE
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I also facing same charging issue..... plz help me what can i do...

0 Likes
TECHNILE
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
same 2 same issue bro by s10 lite
how it could resolve
today this problem came to me
i am so depressed 😞😢
what can i do to fix it
suddenly my phone not taking charge from original charger of s10 lite then i think it may be fault of charger then i change my charger but i can't improve
one thing i noticed that after putting charger inside the phone and shaking the cable it start charging and i tried to shake charger in midway but it didn't stop charging
plz help me to fix it
0 Likes
Harith789
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I'm facing the same problem too, 6months old
0 Likes