Original topic:

Anyone facing charging issues with S10 Lite?

(Topic created on: 07-31-2022 01:46 PM)
Elomnusk
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hi All,

I've got a Samsung S10 Lite, and facing some strange charging issues for the last few weeks. 

First of all; the USB C port has become really finicky about correctly detecting the cable, sometimes it registers as cable charging mode (slow usb charging). Other times it registers as a fast charger but only if oriented in a certain direction (which coincidentally defeats the purpose of USB C altogether). 
And once in a while it can't detect the charger at all (tried with multiple Samsung and non Samsung QC 2.0 compliant bricks and cables) until I do a completely non-sense maneuver - power off the device, connect the charger which starts the charging and then power it back up. Then the charging continues albeit in slow charging mode.

This looks like a classic hardware problem except a few observations - there's no loose connection. Once the cable is picked up by the charger then it doesn't stop working midway no matter how much I move it. This problem also started after a recent software update. And finally, if it was a hardware issue then turning off the phone wouldn't get it to start charging either. Hopefully this is a software problem.

Anyone else facing similar problems like this? Can you let me know if calling service will solve the problem (hardware issue) or not? I'm really getting tired of Samsung and it's shenanigans. Been using smartphones for 10 years now and this is the first time a phone is showing such serious problems within 5 months of purchase.
35 Comments
indersingh23
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Guys this is not hardware issue ,,just flash- software from service center, and dont upgrade lastest software!! Its software issue ...mine working fine after flash software!!
0 Likes
ppunit
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I am faced this issue in second month of purchase, it automatically resolve, but still sometimes occurs and stays for 2-3 days. I am tyres from this. I think this is software issue. Now my phone is not in warranty also. But I have a proof of post of same issue in samsung member aap in second week.
0 Likes
KiranRayudu
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I am also facing problem with my S10 lite. 

when first time this problem occurred, the device was under warranty so  visited the samsung store and they said they have replaced the charging port. 

but again i am facing same issue. this time its not even connected to the charger. looks like problem with hardware. 

common samsung give us a permanent solution for this.

0 Likes
Shivaniii
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
Yesss I am facing the same issue
0 Likes
Ronalanko
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Same here. My original samsung cable and charger continues to work w other units except my note 10 lite which just UPGRADED to the latest OS version! CAN I DOWNGRADE BACK TO THE LAST VERSION?

0 Likes
Akashdulani
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Me too

0 Likes