Original topic:

Android updates don't matter anymore

(Topic created on: 08-06-2019 09:44 AM)
xdgone
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy S
It's 2019 and major Android updates are now largely irrelevant. There was a time when waiting for the next big Android update meant getting new and exciting features coming to the most popular and widespread mobile OS in the world, but things have cooled off in the past two or three years and Google has been coming up with some pretty forgettable Android updates.

You win, fragmentation, Android updates don't really matter anymore!  it doesn't really matter if your Android device isn't running on the latest major Android version at hand .

Google is seemingly scraping the barrel as far as innovative software features are concerned. In fact, most of the "new" features that are coming to Android Q are inspired from iOS and other custom Android skins, while others are quite irrelevant. I'm sorry, but as far as my personal excitement list is concerned, Digital Wellbeing doesn't exactly cut it. 

Let me do this real quick: - 
Doze Mode (Android Marshmallow); - 
ART runtime (Android Marshmallow); - 
Vulkan API (Android Nougat); - 
Bundled notifications (Android Nougat); - 
Picture-in-Picture (Android Oreo); - 
Project Treble (Android Oreo); - 
Gestures (Android Pie).

SO THOSE WHO THINK ANDROID OS UPDATE MAKE ANY SENSE there is nothing important anymore with android OS updates 

Security Updates are exception 
5 Comments
babi07
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
nice information tanks brother
0 Likes
ishu
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
satisfied with u totally:)
0 Likes
saltaf
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Same with other OS ecosystem also.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
lol.System Updates are actually very necessary for your device. They mostly provide Bug fixes & SecurityUpdate Patches, improves system stability and also some times UI improvements. Security Updates are very important because older security can make you more vulnerable to attacks.
0 Likes
xdgone
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
again you should read carefully first what i wrote there is based on Google Developers summit 2019 in google plex . You should read the last line carefully .
You are still a kid .
0 Likes