Original topic:

Android update Related

(Topic created on: 05-18-2022 09:39 PM)
SangramMisra
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I bought a Samsung S9 Plus and thought I would get some good Android updates, but the less expensive mobiles are far ahead of me in Android updates. 
I want to know why people goona buy flagships like S series, where less expensive mobiles will go ahead with the Android update.
12 Comments
its_celesto
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Dude..... first of all the flagship phone you're talking about was released with an oreo 8.0 or 8.1 something and it was at the time when samsung used to give 2 years of major os updates to smartphones. You can't expect it get major updates anymore now.
SangramMisra
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
OK brother think you bought S22 Ultra and that's what gave you major update for 2 years, but less expensive phones gave more android update than that, then what you gonna do, you'll be happy right?..
If they give more updates to the less expensive phones than your phone, I hope you will not feel regret yourself...
0 Likes
its_celesto
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Seriously man?.... i don't understand the context here. Samsung updated their terms recently that they will be giving 4 years of os updates to flagships. At that time it was clear that all flagships will only get 2 years of major os updates. Same is for all other brands. The change has been brought in recently. Don't understand why you blame samsung here.
SangramMisra
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Don't mind bro... I'm blaming because iphone 6s plus release on 2015... still get there os updates till now ... why don't we get updates like that... that's why I'm arguing... I know you guys are big fan of samsung, also I'm... but this is the main issue...
0 Likes
its_celesto
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Because that's how the apple ecosystem works. And their models can deal with long major os updates like that of 4 years, the reason being highly optimized + powerful chipsets. Android is nowhere near when it comes to optimization as that of apple phones, since different brands use different chipsets and other internal features. If it where to exist before that android phones would get 4 years of os updates, after 2-3 updates in itself, you will be so much frustrated that users will be banging their head on the wall. Still latest os updates are causing mighty big problems in flagships, think about what the scenario might have been 2-3 years back.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Apple iPhone 6s luaunch in 2015 . But now is run the least software. It's call brand. 🤣🤣
0 Likes
RanitKhan
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Software support for s9+ has ended
SangramMisra
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
We already know ... just read fully then comment...
0 Likes
RanitKhan
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
That's the update policy of that time ( 2018 )
Both flagships and midrange phones will get 2 OS updates....and you Knowingly or Unknowingly excepted that policy while buying it.... so now can't demand more...

Later the changed the policy to 3 OS updates for flagships since s10 series... ( now 4 OS updates since S21 series )
0 Likes