Original topic:

Android 13 OneUi5 update

(Topic created on: 01-03-2023 10:12 PM)
Paardhu_Rs
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
December 2022 is gone and I still didnot recieve Android 13 update for my S21ULTRA 5g mobile.
Contacted Samsung support on WhatsApp chat and they have no idea on the dates and they just give generic answers.
As per the schedule shared by samsung the time line for S21 Ultra was dec 2022.

My device is running October security patch 
Samsung was supposed to give monthly security updates . Is there a way where I can get the lates update on my device immediately.

Thanks in advance 
19 Comments
Paardhu_Rs
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
You will get a notification if you get the update

This is the staple statment which the Samsung Support gives either in service center or WhatsApp chat or mails, where as the time line for the update is already done 🤦
0 Likes
Juan Ramirez
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

My model is S21 Ultra 5G and I use XAA firmware and I haven't had any problems... but like you I haven't received Android 13, my last update is from October and I'm still running Android 12. The XAG version is similar to the version XAA?

0 Likes
Paardhu_Rs
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Not recieving the Android 13 update itself is the problem
All other devices are getting it
I have friends who got it in an older models like S20FE and A72 also
Juan Ramirez
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Yes, as I told you, I have the same problem. I want to see if I flash to the XAG version like the other person on the forum did, but I have doubts if that version has some kind of bloatware and if I will continue to receive the updates as I did with the XAA version.

0 Likes
Abbyk
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Yes it's almost same you'll have esim option aswell but what i have seen is it still shows XAA as i have not used new csc unused home csc file it doesn't wipe the data
0 Likes
Abbyk
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Also if you use csc which will wipe data and XAG csc will show, but in my case i didn't wipe i used hole csc and updated to 13
0 Likes
Paardhu_Rs
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Did anybody get the update ?
0 Likes
Paardhu_Rs
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Can anyone let me know if they have got the update
0 Likes
Paardhu_Rs
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I finally got my update yesterday but the security patch seems to be November patch Screenshot_20230109-233405_Software update.jpg
0 Likes
cs-member11
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Thank you for sharing your concern. We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same.Samsung has being worked closely with its OS and chipset partners, as well as over 200 carriers around the world to ensure that billions of Galaxy devices receive timely security patches.

Based on this, Samsung releases monthly and quarterly firmware security updates on selected Samsung devices. But, availability of security update support may vary by device and market. Also, some carriers may only support quarterly updates for all applicable current models.

For more information visit: https://security.samsungmobile.com/workScope.smsb

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes