Original topic:

Android 11 update with one ui 3 for Samsung Galaxy S9, S9+ and Note 9 series .

(Topic created on: 02-03-2021 05:42 PM)
speedsta
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I believe all flagship devices of Samsung phones i.e. the S series should get at least 3 to 4 major updates. As consumers we spend a lot on these flagship devices expecting atleast major 3 updates. I own a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and hope Samsung listen to my suggestion and provide many customers like me who own the S9, S9+ and Note 9 with android 11 and one ui 3 update.

Will always love and keep using Samsung products no matter what
Big Samsung Fanboy!!
Krzystof
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Agreed,  Samsung seems very lazy in releasing their devices every single time with the previous year's Android version, so once you buy it you effectively only have one real update left. 

Also the UI3 is Samsung software so should be possible for them to offer it to install on any Android version, AFAIK.

I feel for the people buying flagship devices for $1-2k, but there is an alternative, just buy an entry level model every year for $100-300, at least you will get most updates that way. The big downside however,  is the environmental cost of more e-waste, kind of like replacing your $25-50 printer every time the ink runs out (which so many people do because new ink costs dental times the printer cost).  

0 Likes
Galaxy S
samsung s9 plus bixby problem
0 Likes
Galaxy S
samsung s9 plus new update 11
GNPrakash
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Exactly! Even Note 10 Lite is eligible for Android 11 with One UI 3 update, why can't they provide S9 series, since both are using same chip (Exynos 9810). Hope Samsung will listen to this and provide the same.
rs0069
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
exactly if a mid range phones with downgraded processer is eligible..why its not for samsung 9 family...its not fare at all
0 Likes
Galaxy S
samsung s9 plus bixby problem
Rajapcrock
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy S
Samsung should give oneui 3 on s9 plus
0 Likes
Narayanlalsuthar
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
kya s9 plus ko android 11 update milga
0 Likes
bAlLeR09
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

yeah true, infact the s10 lite and note 10lite have the same hardware i think they should one last update. since 2.5 has few bugs and i see sutters and lags sometimes, another major update will help it. 

0 Likes
Notadeveloper
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
You will get bugs fixes through security updates in 2.5
0 Likes