Original topic:

After 3 years ๐Ÿ˜‚

(Topic created on: 10-03-2022 07:38 PM)
sammy25
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy S
Hi,
Been using the phone (S10+) since 2019 and removed the factory fitted screen guard within 1 year and this is the result after 3 years.

I have no complaints as such but such degradation has happened due to screen touch for gaming, Scrolling etc, Gorilla glass5 not very durable eh?๐Ÿ˜‚

Cover image๏ฟผ๏ฟผ

PS: for some reason image is coming as OBJ, image has been posted in comments.

0 Likes
7 Comments
sammy25
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
โฌ†๏ธ-6186041899396215825_121_41924_1664805838.jpg
0 Likes
dj9494
โ˜…โ˜…
Galaxy S

i am still using s10 and no complains. 

sammy25
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Me neither, planning to use it 2 more years
Galaxy S
The factory fitted screen guard is a thin plastic film usually in most phones, maybe that was the case here. Plastic film is not durable and won't protect from scratches if you use it for a long time. That is why I always buy a tempered glass screen guard whenever I get a new phone. My old OnePlus 3T, 6T and 7T all still have their screens new and without a scratch like day 1. Got a new screen guard for my S22+ too when I got the phone.
0 Likes
sammy25
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
I wasn't expecting it to protect, but the claims of gorilla glass 5 are in question.
I am not a fan of tempered glass as it diminishes the Amoled viewing experience.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Buy good quality tempered glass such as from Spigen. They're so thin you'll not even notice you have a screen guard in there. As for gg5, I never trust these so called toughened glasses so I put my trust in my screen guards, especially when the display replacement in high end phones can cost a lot of money if broken or cracked.
sammy25
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Tbh I never believed that tampered glass would have saved the phone screen from the crack. It's just something I feel is a waste of money but gg5 and ceramic shield of apple,I also agree with you on that
0 Likes