Original topic:

Ads on Stock apps.

(Topic created on: 09-29-2020 12:11 PM)
pratyush369
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
I have recently noticed a lot of ads on My Galaxy S10 and Note 20, In the weather app, in Samsung Pay, In Galaxy Store, any many other Samsung apps.
There are a lot of articles floating around where people are getting Ads in Phone/Dialer app as well.

Samsung come on we buy such expensive flagships from you, and you think we deserve cheap advertisements on our 1000 dollar phones?

This trend of Samsung putting Ads in Stock app has to stop, it's outrageous and as a customer of Galaxy Products for as long as I can Remember, I'm really Disappointed.

For some idiots out there I have already disabled any customisation services, while setting up, no Optional Thing is active. 

What do you guys think?

25 Comments
pratyush369
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
0 Likes
pratyush369
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Read what customization services are actually and note that I'm a software developer myself😆
Ryan_M
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Stop being a money brain, Look we get it you have a older Samsung phone that hasn't got the "AD" update yet (one ui 2.5). If samsung decides to push a update don't come crying back here to say that we were right.

Clearly he dosent know the difference between targeted ads and normal ads

0 Likes
pratyush369
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Customization Services are Marketing methods simple as that
0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Whoa whoa whoa.....I know it contains ads, but what you are showing is not an ad, it is a recommendation. And if you are a software developer yourself, then I think you should have known how to disable it while setting up your device, am I right?
0 Likes
pratyush369
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
It's not in Phone app with my device, I've even mentioned the article I'm referring to. And why Samsung doesn't it, some can be disabled some cannot.
0 Likes