Original topic:

Ads on S21 ultra

(Topic created on: 05-03-2021 07:03 PM)
Anilbhar
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
It is pathetic that Samsung is showing ads on their flagship phones which cost a lot. It is surprising that Samsung is copying cheap steps of MI phones and showing ads on weather and all apps and in notifications too. I say it's Samsung duty to permanently disable these ads from scratch, why us users do "allow this disallow that" , its your duty samsung please push a OTA and finish this cheap act if yours. 
11 Comments
JashLathiya
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
It is one setting that you agreed... I think by mistake...

For turn it off
Go to settings and go to PRIVACY...

Turn of option called
Receive Marketing Information...

And it's done..
If ads are coming from Samsung store.
Go to Samsung's app store then settings and turn of receive marketing information...

That's all...
If you found this solution work, please provide it as helpful solution.

Thanks

Screenshot_20210503-163941_Settings_103128.jpg

0 Likes
JashLathiya
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
And one more thing, Samsung has best software development...

They gives you all the options, but you might forgot to how to handle it..
So ya.. that's the thing..
0 Likes
savagearpit
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
See even after I've disabled it, it is still showing me ads..
My device is M21 and yes it's still overpriced as compared to other ads showing chinese phones..
Samsung will have to pay for this like the other chinese phones. Gradually People will definitely stop buying Samsung phones because of this kind of cheap tactis.. And btw i love one ui but not with ads..

Screenshot_20210503-184715_Settings.png

Screenshot_20210503-184745_Weather.png

0 Likes
JashLathiya
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
So, there is one thing, ads are coming from either your browser notification or any other app that you installed in your device.

In galaxy there is not an any single ad in notification or pop up after completing or turning of " Show Marketing Information"

Please look next time when ad comes in your notification or screen area that by through which app it is.

Thanks
0 Likes
savagearpit
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
I've disabled all the marketing notifications.. and i was not talking about the notification ads. I was taliking about samsung's weather app ads..
Your phone will also show you adds in weather app..
0 Likes
JashLathiya
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
No I'm not receiving any single ad since i bought my M31...!
0 Likes
Galaxy S
We already had a conversation regarding ads in some apps, what you can do is use my method to remove ads from your Galaxy device:

https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Tech-Talk/Remove-ads-from-you-Galaxy-device/td-p/6203055
JashLathiya
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Yes this method is useful for ads of browsers like things , not app ads or inbuilt OS ads...
0 Likes
Galaxy S
It helps with ads in the Weather app, tested and verified.
0 Likes