Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Absurd repair costs for water damage!

(Topic created on: 02-19-2020 08:29 PM)
Samsung_TyxVTsW
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

I own s9 and one fine day my phone bymistakely it fell into a bucket of water. The screen later started flickering and stopped working so I took it to a samsung service centre for repair. They said the screen and motherboard stopped working and repair charges would be at least 35k! And it would probably be more !. I feel cheated. The current market value of s9 is just 26k.

The ip68 rating is of no value

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
check the prices for the parts according to the storage of your device. also note GST is excluded in these prices. after that additional charges include are of a 3M tape, meant for sealing the device and labour charges.

also the IP68 is for Water Resistance.

View solution in context

0 Likes
11 Comments
Asifu
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
tried drying by soaking it in rice??
0 Likes
Galaxy S

Yeah. Did not work

0 Likes
ketani72
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Samsung needs to responsibility of certain issues like this one. By mentioning that S9 is waterproof & then when water still enters & destroys it, Samsung should not have a clause of warranty void if water causes any damage.
0 Likes
_007
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

It's water resistant not water proof.

Galaxy S

Atleast shouldn't have astronomically high repair charges! 

0 Likes
marqus007
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
repair cost are really high I bought mi a2 fell in water repair cost motherboard battery 13k bought phone for 16k and 1 month later they reduce price of phone to 12k...
Galaxy S
The only samsung phone which is completely water proof was samsung Marine. All other devices are water resistant under certain conditions.
Warranty won't be applicable for water damages.
0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
check the prices for the parts according to the storage of your device. also note GST is excluded in these prices. after that additional charges include are of a 3M tape, meant for sealing the device and labour charges.

also the IP68 is for Water Resistance.
0 Likes
Galaxy S

Thanks! 

0 Likes