Original topic:

About the January patch update on the S20 Plus.

(Topic created on: 01-21-2021 09:11 PM)
thekkartik
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Here are some things I noticed that have improved for me after this update: (Got the update today)
1) The battery life has improved. It's noticeable. 
2) The phone feels more snappy and responsive. 
3) The camera is not lagging anymore. 
4) The pictures are quite better in the night mode than before. 
5)The phone is heating less than before. (It's still heating but less than before) 
5)I think most of the issues are fixed. 

Let me know if you guys seeing some more changes. 

Regards, 
Kartik 

8 Comments
Aarav1997
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
my mobile is heating alot. just now I've updated it and it is very hot right now.
0 Likes
thekkartik
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Let it cool down or restart once. It should fix your problem.
If you can clear the Cache partition, clear it. It will help.
0 Likes
Notadeveloper
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
True AF, im bit more happy now. Device used to have high clock speeds, when i run many apps in background which warms up the device. But that's not the case now, clock speed will be never be high and no warm up. Samsung has done a good job with this update. The size of the update felt for me there is some improvements
0 Likes
thekkartik
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I agree the phone runs cooler than before. It gets hot when I'm multitasking and I hope samsung fixes that too.
0 Likes
Notadeveloper
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
For me, it used to warm up when i keep two apps in background or i multitask in previous update, thats mainly coz my clock speed increases just like that, i t was a bit annoying, this happened in previous version. It got fixed for me in this new update, device doesn't warm up now like that, now i keep three two four apps, and did a lot of multitasking. Device stayed cool for me at all times. I tested it well whole day, i even checked whether clock speed is going, but good thing it never went. Samsung did a good job with Jan bug fix update. Im impressed
0 Likes
thekkartik
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I'm impressed too.
0 Likes
Pratyušh
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I didn't got the update.what can I do?
s20 ultra
0 Likes