Original topic:

About battery life

(Topic created on: 03-20-2020 03:19 PM)
Ronkzz
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy S
Most of the times i use Fast charge option while charging my s10+, (230vac with power adaptor provided)

But today i tried charging after disabling fast charge option, (of course it took more time to 100%)

What i noticed is better battery life and low heating issue

Another thing I've noticed whenever i charge using power bank (2.1A output) , battery life seems increased

Don't know if this is only co-incidence or it really has effect.. i have to try this few more times to get a conclusion...
15 Comments
DrPeter
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
are you telling fast charging decreases battery life???
0 Likes
Ronkzz
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
can't say...as checked this for the first time, this is what i noticed
hedgehog
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ fast charging testing, is the 45W charger needed?

Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ flagship phone supports 45W speed fast charge, but it come with the standard 25W charger. In the real life, how much faster will the 45W fast charger will be? Inviolabs has collected the latest infomation for you.

Recently,  a charging test on the Note 10+ had been done. From the actual test, the difference is not big. Although compared to 45W charging, 25W charging takes 8 minutes to fully charge 100% of the power, which is much smaller than expected.

25W charger output:

5V/3A9V/2.77A5.9V/3A11V/2.25A

The Note 10+ comes standard with a 25W charger that the phone power on and screen off takes about 1 hour and 5 minutes to 100%. With the 45W charger, it takes about 57 minutes to fully charge the phone when the phone is turned off. After testing, Note 10+ with 45W charger, the full charge time advantage is only 8 minutes.

Although the full charge is not obvious, the difference is still obvious in the 30 minutes before charging. 25W fills 67% in 30 minutes, while 45W fills 73% in 30 minutes.

Overall, Note 10+'s SuperFast fast charge is somewhat "indigestion", and it's really fast in the early stage of charging, but the speed of full charge is not much different. With this one experiment, will you spend $50 on Samsung to buy a 45W SuperFast fast charge? And if choosing the third party charger, the USB PD PPS function is need. Inviolabs recommed to using the 30W PD with PPS fast charger.

DrPeter
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
see my 2 years old j7 pro charging time.....
3600mAh battery...
for 66-100%....
0 Likes
bsj
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
have u checked the charger or battery .. I too have j7 pro it's not like that
DrPeter
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
yes.
I have original charger only.