Original topic:

ANDROID 10/BETA/LOCK ISSUE

(Topic created on: 10-29-2019 02:39 PM)
Sidhabhi
★★
Options
Galaxy S

The Android 10 One UI 2.0 beta for the Galaxy S10 series has a critical bug: The device is locking people out by refusing to accept their PIN, password, or pattern. Those who have set up the Remote unlock feature enabled on their phone have been able to use Samsung’s Find My Mobile service to delete all biometrics (password, PIN, pattern, fingerprint and facial recognition), but since the bug causes the device to reject all passwords as incorrect, they have been unable to set a new pattern/PIN/password afterwards.

Unfortunately, not everyone has Remote unlock enabled, and for them, a factory reset and flashing back to Android Pie via Samsung Smart Switch (which deletes all data) is the only solution. It’s not the best solution, of course, and Samsung is yet to officially say anything on the matter. It’s also unclear how the company will fix the problem for those users who don’t want to factory reset their device and are locked out. A regular software update won’t cut it, as a device needs to be unlocked for installing updates.

Take precaution before the issue affects your Galaxy S10 or Note 10

For now, if you’re using the Android 10 beta on a Galaxy S10 or Galaxy Note 10, it’s recommended that you change your lock screen security method to swipe or none until Samsung releases a new beta update or a fix for the issue. You should also enable Remote unlock from the Settings » Biometrics and security » Find My Mobile menu on your phone so you can use Find My Mobile to access it if the issue crops up at any point in the future.

We’ll be keeping a close eye on the situation as it develops, and in the meantime, you can tell us if you have faced the issue on your Galaxy S10 or Galaxy Note 10.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sammobile.com/news/warning-galaxy-s10-android-10-beta-is-locking-pe...

18 Comments
Ravi0883
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Very much worried issue. A early solution must be provided by Samsung.
0 Likes
Nani21
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
update has been released for the same issue.try updating and be secure.
Thank you.
0 Likes
Ravi0883
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
already updated bhai
0 Likes
Sumit_kmr
Active Level 6
Galaxy S

i am locked out

0 Likes
Goldychahal
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
bhai bach ke rehna.. do a backup..
Goldychahal
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Galaxy S
Done
0 Likes
Aathi4546
Active Level 4
Galaxy S

My S10 is having the problem now . Unable to login to the mobile using Pin. Just now it got restarted. Any idea how to recover it from here or do i need to connect it to system to do factory reset ?

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Update is available, download it..and then check..if possible remove all security features for a while..and if your find my mobile is active, try from there..👍🌝
0 Likes