Original topic:

AMOLED / OLED Burn in / fading issue

(Topic created on: 07-14-2020 09:00 AM)
TheCoolestOne
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I own a Samsung S9+  A few, days ago  my display started fading.  Black color looks grey and white looks yellowish. 

My  Blue  Light Filter is off,  Display Is set to ADAPTIVE mode and Adaptive Display is set to off. I have  also factory reset the phone. But the issue remains the same.

Any advice. 

17 Comments
WiseOtherwise
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I'm facing the same issue, the blacks seem faded, crushed and pixelated. The overall colors look faded / desaturated. This isn't a burn in issue, burn in happens gradually, this happened suddenly one day. This issue is called blacks crushing & gradient banding. This happened suddenly one day and is not due to water damage. This is something else.

If you notice, when watching a video or photo, the darker areas / night scenes / shadows seem blocky, pixelated and crushed.
Codersborn
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I am also facing the same issue brother. It could be the software issue
TheCoolestOne
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Mine is a burn-in issue. Desaturated and faded colors. And I am a light user and non gamer. Its to do with AMOLED technology. Earlier phones with IPS display didn't have this problem. It seems we are to buy expensive phones and use them only at 10% of their capabilities...
Codersborn
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Does your phone overheat abnormally?
0 Likes
TheCoolestOne
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
No. it hasn't heated abnormally.

ive never had any other issues really. Even the screen issue happened very abruptly and suddenly one day..NOT over a period of time. it happened around a few days post the last software update. ininitially I thought it to be a software issue but since it didn't happen immediately post the update I scrapped that thought.
0 Likes
ruikeraditya1
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

same happened with my M30s after I grabbed phone with wet hands

0 Likes
no-name
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
0 Likes
09jay
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
I'm also facing same issue from several days. i also try to reset setting. blacks are grayish and colors are pale.
0 Likes