Original topic:

A bitter experience at Samsung Service Center

(Topic created on: 08-09-2022 04:48 PM)
Souvit
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
On 4th of August a green vertical line appeared on my galaxy s20 plus screen all of a sudden it was neither water damaged nor dropped .... I made a complaint through Samsung website and I was instructed to visit the service center..... Today when I visited the service center I  got to know that they would inspect everything and during the inspection they would detach the display from mother board to check whether there is any water damage or not and after that there would be no turning back.... Means I have to change the display otherwise the phone will be useles, now whether i get the warranty or not  I have to change the display otherwise the phone will remain useless ..... Anyone face these type of issue at service center kindly guide me..... Thanks in advance 

11 Comments
Sanjeevstha
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Hi! I am from Nepal and using the same model phone. I am also facing the same vertical green line issue at the left side of the screen on the same date 4th August 2022, is it coincidence? or programmed by Samsung. I too visited the local Samsung Service center and they said that this issue is due the mishandling by user. They claim screen has been pressed hard unknowingly at past. But I denied any mishandling of my device. Service center blindly denied my claim.
Souvit
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
Few minutes back a guy from Samsung service called and again instruct me to deposit the phone at service center..... I really don't know what are their intention, once I deposit the phone I will not have any stake on the other hand if they deny the warranty I have to pay for the screen otherwise the phone will become useless.... They are not even able to return the phone at the earlier condition that's the most sad part
Galaxy S
Really felt sorry for the bitter experience

However kindly note , if the issues aren't caused by any external causes , mishandling, force press etc ,

Then the device will be under warranty (* warranty differ from country to country,
Verify the warranty card for better information)
0 Likes
Parm0708
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Hey, Samsung is now offering one time screen replacement for S20 series users with these green or pink line issues for free.
Check for that offer and have your screen replaced free of cost.
Sanjeevstha
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Can you please provide the related link so that I could approach the local Samsung service center. Thank you!
Souvit
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
Nobody can...
Parm0708
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I saw this on twitter. A youtuber retweeted someone's tweet in which this was mentioned. I checked now this on Google. This one time free screen replacement offer is only in Vietnam.
Screenshot_20220810-213642_Chrome_62917_1660147603.jpg
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Please go to service center. Samsung india acknowledged this as an issue and offering free screen replacement till December 2022. Even out of warranty.i went and given my unit today.
0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Thank you for sharing your concern. We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback >Ask question

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes