Original topic:

A Suggestion for Black Crush

(Topic created on: 04-10-2020 01:43 AM)
Shibashish
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
This exactly might not be existing with everybody. But there are a few who might share the same pain I do.
Let's talk about Black Crush or Gradient Banding or in layman terms, we can use the definition Like the darks go pixelated.
Aren't we all using Samsung for it's excellent name in the industry for it's Amoled Displays but i don't know what's wrong.
I started facing this issue around a month back! And it's been that while and I haven't found any solution.
Though in some feeds over Reddit, they said Samsung came up with a minimal software update or we can call them security patch to cure this out!
But we Indians aren't that lucky!
First Exynos and then selective updates.
Like why Samsung?
Trust me Samsung, I'm a big fan of yours and I have no plans switching to Apple.
I chose S9 Plus over X for a reason. 
Samsung should come up with downloadable Firmware for its user. The access of them should be one time and limited and obvious password and ID protected. I know it's hectic to serve a million customer and serving one problem in a million is also a needle in a haystack task.
So why not let them do it themselves.
Or why not wire the same to the service centres.
Good Hands on Devices.
Samsung, please come up with Black Crush Solution.
It's hectic to watch a patch over a black display.
What are your opinion guys?
9 Comments
immi007
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Screen Balance app for free from the Google Play Store

With the app now enabled,
set the Fluorescent to “warm”.
Use the slider to set the Strength to “60%”.

Set the Contrast to “100%”

you can try this.

try it once

tell me if it helps
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I can't see any differences by using this...
0 Likes
Shibashish
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I did! it simply solved the patchiness to a great extend but not completely. Turns your blacks to faded Grays, Colours look Dull. and Yes, who day I have to face down a warm orangish/peachis screen colour.
thanx for suggesting..
0 Likes
ChiragArora
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I'm having this problem since one ui 2.0 update and dude, it's frustrating😩
0 Likes
Ameen618
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
samsung please fix it
0 Likes
Ameen618
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I am having the same issue . and screen balance app is draining too much battery power from my device and it is not a good option
0 Likes
aditya27
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
same issue in my s8
0 Likes
cs_member9
Active Level 7
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Kindly follow the below mentioned step to improve the performance of the device.

Software Update: Check software is updated or not. Go to Settings>Software Update>Download and Install>Software Update> Software update available (If available)>Download>Download update> Install Now

Check device in safe mode: Enter safe mode: Press and hold the Power key, when Power off icon appears.>Press and hold the power off icon. Exist safe mode: Press volume down and power key simultaneously for 5 seconds to restart the device.

Note: If your device functions correctly in Safe Mode, it is most likely that the issue lies with a 3rd party application that can be uninstalled to resolve the problem.

If the issue still persists, kindly attach the log file and send it to us in the Samsung member application (Attach when the issue occurs within first 15 minutes of the occurrence of the issue):-
Samsung Members App > Feedback >Error report > Attach log file for any issue

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Shibashish
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Thank you for responding.
Sir/Ma'am, I've tried looking for latest update/security patch! But it shows no new updates available! But according to the Online Data, the April 2020 patch is rolled out but mine is still March 2020.
About the Safe Mode, Yes I tried that too. And the Black Crush issue did exist there too.
I've also submitted error report with log file the day i posted this article on the forum!
But none of them worked!
Yes, there was a response from the Samsung Team that they'd contact me soon! Yet no calls or messages yet.
0 Likes